Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yassely Posts: 48, Reputation: 0

Nov 16, 2006, 12:51 PM
    Can she do it?
    Guys I want to know if somebody that don't have legal document can go and visit a person in jail let me know because I don't want that the police go an catch her and they send her back to her country
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2006, 01:02 PM
    Sighs. You are asking if someone, who is in the country illegally, can go and visit someone in jail, without having the fear of being caught and deported?

I do not know what state you are in or your "friend" is in, but here a potential visitor has to be on the approved list of visitors and they have to show identification (usually the driver's license because it has the photo). There is a form the potential visitor has to fill out with essential information and a background check is made of that person.

So check out your state's requirements. I am sure each state is different.

Nov 16, 2006, 01:04 PM
    Im In New York City , What Do U Mean With A Back Ground Check

Nov 16, 2006, 01:08 PM
    Tell Me
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 16, 2006, 01:10 PM
    Back Ground Check: an investigation of a person's history and background to verify that the information they gave is accurate.

P.S. have patience

Nov 16, 2006, 01:15 PM
    Ok And What Happen If That Person Is In College And All That Information They Give Is Ok But He Just Don't Have The Green Card They Leave Him There
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2006, 01:18 PM
    So this person you know does not have a green card - does this person have a student visa? A student visa is a permit that allows the student to be in the USA for the period that person is in college.

I hope you are not in college - if so, please tell me which one, so I know not to send my two sons there.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 16, 2006, 01:19 PM
    If they are not a legal alien, that is very likely to come out if the person tries to visit an inmate. It would then be up to the prison officials to determine whether to report the person to the INS. I can't say what they will do but it could depend on how they feel about you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search