Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsdirtyred Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 12:33 PM
    Judgement Against Me
    Will A Judgement Against Me Cause Problems With My Husband Getting A Refinance On Our House?
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 16, 2006, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsdirtyred
    Will A Judgement Against Me Cause Problems With My Husband Getting A Refinance On Our House?
    I would think if would affect his and your ability to get a good rate or even the ability to refinance at all since most mortgage loan companies rquire married couples to both sign and both to be obligated. Lots of recent developments in this field have occurred due to competition, market factors, and they are lending money much more liberally than in the past so they may just give you and him a decent rate ? Why not just ask them?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 16, 2006, 07:14 PM
    If you both are on the deed you both have to be on the mortgage. Therefore both your credit histories will figure into the mortgage company's decision.
    Dwight_Pigg Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Nov 18, 2006, 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsdirtyred
    You both DO NOT have to be on the mortgage if your husband makes enough money to debt ratio by himself. A mortgage loan CAN be taken out in just your husband's name.

As long as the judgement has not been filed as a lien on the title of your home, there will be no issue. This is easy to check with a quick title search performed by a title company. If the judgement has been filed as a lien on title, you will have to pay it.

If you have to go this route, many times you can negotiate a lower payoff than the judgement amount.

I have closed hundreds of loans in just one spouse's name, regardless of the fact that both spouses are on the deed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfreind and I have a joint checking & savings account together. I have a "renewed" judgement from my previous marriage of 15 years ago. Can this bank who has renewed this judgment attach or freeze my boyfriend's and my account? Also can they garnish my wages at work? I currently make...

Judgement [ 3 Answers ]

My question is about a judgement that was posted to my credit report. I am in the military and was deployed to Iraq when the judgement was brought to court. It is for a surgery that my now ex-wife had several years ago. I got divorced last year, and not until I went to purchase a house in a new...

Judgement without knowledge [ 4 Answers ]

A judgement has my bank account frozen. Apparently the credit card company sued me after I moved and sent notices to my old address for 4 years. The debt collectors/bottom feeders told me the credit card company sent me a settlement offer in October 2006 to my old address. I never received any...

Judgement [ 6 Answers ]

My question is about a judgement that was posted to my credit report. I am in the military and was deployed to Iraq when the judgement was brought to court. It is for a surgery that my now ex-wife had several years ago. I got divorced last year, and not until I went to purchase a house in a new...

Judgement against me.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am hoping to receive some advice on how to handle what I feel is in correct judgement that was placed against me on my credit report. My mother passed away in 2001. She had no money in her estate to cover past bills. I received collections letters from her mortgage company in her...

View more questions Search