Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmray3027 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 05:34 AM
    Heat not blowing and condenser is kicking out
    My heat is not coming on I have a 2.5ton heat pump and when I turn the heat on, the condenser outside initially comes on then kicks out after about 10min I can reset condenser outside but it will only run about 3min then kick out again... the unit in the attic comes on I can see the coils heat up but shortly after the condenser kicks out the coils cool... any help is greatly appreciated
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 09:15 AM
    If in the heat pump mode and the outside unit kicks out and has to be reset by the push button then usually that means that there is to much refrigerant in the system.

Or the filter might be dirty

Or the air registers are no fully open

There can be many reasons as you can see but the to much refrigerant is normally the problem since many service people charge them incorrectly in the summer in the A/C mode and the problem shows up in the heat pump mode.
    jmray3027 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 03:02 PM

hvac1000 thanks for your help after further ts it turned out to be the start cap for blower... lol yeah went in attic and noticed it was just a hum sound not the blower turning... thank for the response...
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 03:59 PM
    Good deal glad you got it going

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat not kicking on [ 5 Answers ]

Thermostat is set but heat is not kicking on

RUUD Heat Pump condenser won't come on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 20 year old RUUD 2.5 ton heat pump. The outside cooling unit started to "click" a few months ago when it was coming on. Sometimes it would come on and sometimes it would not. It eventually stopped coming on. We have replaced the contacts and capacitors but it does not help. Also, if we get...

Condenser works but inside fan not blowing [ 1 Answers ]

I resest the condenser outside, and tested the thermostat but fan still not blowing what do I do? I have a rheem outside and a gamma inside

Home central AC outdoor condenser unit blowing fuses [ 5 Answers ]

The unit is a Trane and is 22 years old and blew the 35amp dual element, time delay (current limiting) fuses that are in the little metal box on the side of my house next to the unit yesterday while running the AC during a hot day. I replaced them this morning with exact replacements and the new...

AC condenser not kicking on. [ 1 Answers ]

I live in SW Florida and yeasterday there was a power outage that left us without power for some time. FPL said that there was a main line that was tken down by a tree. We did not immediately turn the AC on after the power came back on (the thermostat was off when power returned). We turned it...

View more questions Search