Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rossysoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 01:52 AM
    Sickness every night at the same time elderly man
    Seventy eight years he s sick every night around eight o clock lasts for about an hour then he vomits feels better he also has middle back pain which then goes after he vomits
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2010, 02:18 AM
    Hi, rossysoo!

What sort of things is he eating and drinking? Also, is he getting enough rest, on a good bed, and seeing a physician on a regular basis?

I can identify with the back pain thing. I would wake up in the middle of the night and start coughing and throwing up because my back hurt so bad. My back started to feel better after I started to use a heating pad when I went to bed.

Hopefully, others will also come along to address your question.

Thanks!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 02:26 AM

I am hypoglycemic and often a few hours after I eat when my sugar drops I get nauseated,sometimes to the point of vomiting.

When he complains of feeling nauseous perhaps a few dry crackers and orange juice might help,if in fact it is a hypoglycemic reaction.

I am not trying to give you a diagnosis here ,I am simply stating what happens to me as a result of my condition.

I think his doctor should be advised of this problem as daily vomiting is serious,especially for someone his age.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2010, 06:06 AM
    Excellent points made there, artlady!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wife had baby by married man after one night stand [ 5 Answers ]

I found out that my wife had a one night stand on me after she was already four months pregnant. We were going to have an abortion but after the guy said that if the baby was his that either way he wanted nothing to do with the baby we decided to keep it. I also didn't know if the baby was mine and...

Sudden Sickness after a Long Time [ 2 Answers ]

OK So I am a 18 year old college student living in the dorms and I recently became sick. I felt aches all over my body Monday night. I still have aches and I have a minor headache. My roommate thinks it could be mono. I hopes it not though. My appetite is OK and I feel physically tired but not...

Movie in which man turns into women at night [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a movie in which a man turns into women in night and than again turns into man in day...

Night TIme sickness [ 1 Answers ]

Ive been feeling sick at night and specifically at night.. I'm a boy. I'm 18 What's the problem>? I'm thinking its because maybe I'm not eating right. I don't feel hungry but when I eat I feel better a little then my stomach hurts again. I feel like I'm going to BARF then I end up not.. its...

View more questions Search