Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    75boss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 11:33 PM
    Tail lights or signal lights not working but break lights are
    Can someon help I have no dash signals or tail lights but I have brake lights an head lights
    75boss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 11:57 PM
    Tail lights or signal lights not working but break lights are
    I have a 1975 cadillac eldorado convertible all my fuses are new but only my head lights an brake lights, an hazard lights work. My signal lights, park lights an tail lights don't work at all what might it be thanks.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2010, 06:07 AM

Park and tail lights usually work from Headlight switch, Signals go from fuse to Signal head.
    Brakes and signals both go through signal head, usually.
    And many times it is one filiment, (Stop/turn) lights.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2010, 08:00 AM

Replace both dual filament tail/turning signal lights. They simply snap-out and snap-in the connector. Easy job. If the turning signals still don't work, replace both front amber-colored signal bulbs. Usually, the rear bulbs burnout first. It's a good idea to replace the back-up lights, while you have everything apart.

This link may help, even though I don't know what car you have:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post2092806
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2010, 08:04 AM

Hey TX, is the brake and Hazzards same element? If Flashers work, shouldn't that say brake filiment is good? Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2010, 08:23 AM

Brake and hazzard element is the same. Yes, if the flasher works, it should say the brake filament is good.
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2010, 08:24 AM

You're good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tail light, dashboard lights, gear lights not working [ 11 Answers ]

My dashboard , tail lights are not working anymore and I can't figure out why. I gave my car to one of the mechanic and he could'nt figure it out as well. There was a tingy smell coming out of the car after lights went out as if something in the car got fried. Moreover, now he says that whenever he...

Tail lights and dashboard lights not workingbut brake lights work [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 95 ponitac bonneville, when I pull the switch to turn it on, the headlights only go on. My dash and tail lights will not go on. When I press the brake my dashboard lights go on. When I release the brake the ddash goes back off. Help anyone

Tail lights not working [ 8 Answers ]

My 96 sonomas tail lights won't work with the headlights on,but the brake lights do.also my turn signal on the drivers rear works but the passenger rear when used makes the left one come on in a "hazzard"style. I also have no backup lights.I have replaced all bulbs and don't know what else to try....

Tail Lights, Dash and Gear Lights not working (91 Ford Laser) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I hope someone here can help. My tail / dash / gear lights are not functioning. My brake and headlights are fine. I have done a little research on a few sites and found out that all 3 are connected to the same fuse, so I checked my fuses. But they look fine (kept reading about how to go...

View more questions Search