Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aamir1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 10:46 PM
    How to improve my relationship with my relative? She is my cousin's daughter?
    How to improve my relationship with my relative? She is my cousin's daughter. My cousin, that is her mother expired when she was a child. She is raised by her father. Her father got married to another lady. Then the relationship broke. Now her father stays with his children . She has 1 own brother and 2 step brothers. She has done LLB and wants to do LLM and wants to become a judge. I met her after a very long time after almost 20 years. She started messaging me and we just became friends by sending messages. She asked about my education, my family my date of birth etc. I also asked her about her personal life. Later I proposed her she did not accept it neither did she deny it. She told that if her father agrees she does not have any problem in marrying me. But she also said that she does not believe in love. I took a chance by messaging her "i love you good nite" she did not get angry. She just messaged me "ok. gud nite." I tried to force her but she got wild when she learnt that I have stopped eating. She told me that she will never talk to me if I do that. I was also ready to end our relationship. Then I assured her that I would be her friend. The she started to talk to me.

Now she calls me messages me in the night till she sleeps. I also talk to her. She also spoke to my dad my dad told her that we are interested in her. She told my dad that she had some responsibilities towards her step brothers and almost till 5 years she is not ready to marry. She also told that her father has told her to concentrate on her work and not to worry about her marriage . Then my dad told her that we are ready to wait for her.
    Now how to make her understand that I love her? I am confused what is in her mind I do not know? Please help me out……
    Metalhead11592 Posts: 157, Reputation: 11

Jan 7, 2010, 07:33 AM

Dear Aamir1234,
    Sounds like a tight situation that your in, If you want to know what's in her mind why don't you ask her. If she's considering marrying you then she is interested in you, but if she wants to go to college then you should respect her wishes to educate herself to better herself for the future. I believe that its something that love is something that should be felt mutually. If she doesn't love you, you should try to talk to her about that and ask her why she doesn't believe in love. Maybe there was a tramatic event in her life that caused her to try to numb her emotions.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 05:12 PM

What country are you in ? In many states you can't get married because your first cousins.
    Metalhead11592 Posts: 157, Reputation: 11

Jan 7, 2010, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    What country are you in ? In many states you can't get married because your first cousins.
    Actually it's the cousin's daughter so that's the 2nd cousin not the 1st cousin.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2010, 12:34 AM
    Look, I'm assuming you asked her to marry you so soon because that's acceptable in your culture.

However, regardless of what is acceptable in your culture, this woman is saying she's not interested in marriage at this point in time. You can't MAKE someone be interested in you, and if you want them to like you then you must stop hassling them. I suspect she's not ready yet and she's only saying things to please you. If you're uncertain then ask her straight out.

Also, have you actually met this person, or have you only been communicating by phone and text?

In any case, my advice is back off. Continue to have a friendship with her, don't hassle her about marriage and let her decide.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to stop being needy in a relationship? I need to improve myself [ 9 Answers ]

Yeah, I made that post earlier about her mixed signals, and me making the fatal error saying some stuff which ended our friendship. Well, I've actually been reading a lot of posts on here, and I'm convinced me and her can work things out, and she wants to work it out... the problem lies in me. I...

Mother, daughter relationship [ 7 Answers ]

My two daughters feel that I was not as good a mother as I should have been and they hold that against me to this day even though both of them are married. I was a single parent, worked two jobs, got an advanced degree and tried to give them the things other kids had. One is an attorney and one...

My Relationship with my daughter [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying unsuccessfully to make up to my daughter or re-establish a relationship. I came where she lives almost 4 years ago after not hearing from her for 4 years. She ran away from home @13 and I don't blame her. My mom had died and I had been a drunk and used drugs and went through some...

Lost relationship with daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I will try to keep this brief! I have two children, one with Autism who is now in a lovely placement after many years of fighting the authorities (he is 18), my daughter is a young 17. I married in 1988 to a man who turned out to be very mentally abusive, I was crushed by him and so were the...

Father and daughter relationship [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am 30 year old woman. Does anyone here think it is normal for a father not to be there emotionally/psychologically for their daughter? Before my mother died a few years ago my father never had much time for me. When he did he usually used this time to put me down by calling me a waster and...

View more questions Search