Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mac585 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 09:11 PM
    Amana Furnace - High Efficiency won't stay lit
    We have an Amana furnace, model guc115c5oc, which does not stay lit. The unit will ignite, and then you hear several clicks ( which seem to be caused by the flame sensor for the rollback feature), and then the flame will turn off. It will try this about three times, and then the flame will shut off - and the unit blows cold air. We have replaced the rollback sensor, the flame sensor, an internal temperature sensor, and the unit has been cleaned. Any ideas? We are wondering about the gas pressure going into the unit, as it is not just a blue flame, but has quite a bit of yellow that shows up.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 01:33 AM
    Checl and set gas pressure using the proper tool to the listing on the furnace label.
    mac585 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 11:12 AM
    Thanks HVAC - we will try this!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 11:13 AM
    I hope that is your problem since it is a simple cure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Amana 80 High Efficiency Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Can anybody tell me if my Amana 80 SSE furnace has a Thermalcouple? My furnace started cutting out last night and I started asking around and a couple people told me that's what might be the problem. Someone else told me that my type of furnace doesn't have a Thermalcouple, but...

Trane high efficiency furnace [ 1 Answers ]

We are thinking of replacing our furnace with a high efficiency one. Ihe brand we are considering are Rheem, coleman and Trane, however, would like some feed back which brand has the best value, reliability and performance.

Amana gas dryer won't stay lit [ 2 Answers ]

I have an amana model plg8409w2 gas dryer. When I start it it will ignite. After a couple of minutes the flame goes out. A couple of minutes later the igniter will come on but the flame won't ignite. The dryer has worked flawlessly until now. It has been kept clean and all the wire connections...

Amana hi efficiency furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have Amana hi efficiency furnace. For some reason when furnace is working it works only for about five minutes and than it shows the code that the furnace is overheated. So it runs for 5 minutes and than cool down for 10. Imagine what it takes to heat the house. Changing the filters on a...

Humidifier and high efficiency furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have 7 years old high efficiency furnace and new flow through humidifier. Problem is that I do not have necessary level of humidity in my house. It is never more then 26%, which is dry. Should be between 40-60%. Everything works fine, water flows through humidifier every time furnace...

View more questions Search