Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ballybee Posts: 46, Reputation: 12

Nov 16, 2006, 11:24 AM
    What else could I have done?
    I very recently received one of these lousy psychological test to trap friends into disclosing info on their sexuality, lovers etc and then the results would be sent to the sender of the tests. I felt so trapped when I got the message but since it was sent by a very young cousin of mine, it took it easy and I actually thought it was after something not 2 worry about..

However, I got nevertheless anxious and check whether my results could be really seen by the sender and I ended up... sending it to all my contacts in my address book which includes contacts of both my mum and my dad, my boss and some other importants people that I should seriously worry about for my own sake

The thing is among my contacts was that of my ex who broke up with me less than three weeks ago... the break up was hurtful but it was not too much of my mind and I was actually trying to give him space quite successfully I have 2 say.

Well.. unfortunately.. he took the test and obviously he sent the harshest e-mail ever and of course requested me not to talk to him again and telling me to go 2 hell.

I thought I really messed up on this one yet I did not mean what happened... I sent an explanatory text after he refused to pick up his phone and sent an apology e-mail to all my contacts and offered them the link to their mails with their results still intacts as evidence that this was really not something I meant so that they could delete them on their own in private.

I chatted with a mutual girlfriend who actually laughed so much at it and said he would get over it soon because this is something that happens commonly and he should not take it too much at heart and that I should not worry about it and it will soon be forgotten...

Today morning, actually got angry while reading again his e-mail and retaliated saying that he should have had more trust in me and this type of mail did not look at all like the kind of stuff I would send and I guess that is why I got a sizeable number of people who took the test... and that I hope that he would come back 2 his senses..
    And that I was quite surprised he was the only one who threw his venum at me... he enjoys teasing people.

I am just wondering whether there is anything else I could have done beyond what I did, whether I deserved these harsh words and if according to you who is reading this post.. you would have acted the same and would you trust someone again if this would have been done onto you in spite of all attempts of explanation? And if there is anything else I could do what would that be
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2006, 12:54 PM
    Part of the problem reading this is your spelling, use of grammar, and some things just do not seem to follow a sequence very well.

From I do decipher, you mistakenly sent what supposed to be a private email to your whole mailing list. If that is so, you are not the first one to do that and you will not be the last one. It is embarrassing, but you did apologize for the action. As for your ex-boyfriend, you tried to make amends. I would say it is up to him to forgive it and move on. As for what you did, you need to use more caution in the future, more discretion in sending emails and double check yourself before hitting that SEND button. It was careless and could have been prevented. That said, move on. Learn from mistakes. We all have made a mistake or two in our lives.

Nov 17, 2006, 06:04 AM
    Should I try and find out if he has finally seen that it was a mistake or shall I leave it at that since he said he did not want me to call him back... I do not know whether he has read my e-mail... if he does't reply my e-mail should I accept the fact that it is a childish attitude from his part and forget him... what is the wisest and more mature course of action that I should take?
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2006, 07:03 AM
    MOVE ON forget it...
    Don't send another email, don't text nothing.
    Leave him be.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 17, 2006, 05:35 PM
    Don't do it again.
    dbek Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Nov 17, 2006, 11:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballybee
    I very recently received one of these lousy psychological test to trap friends into disclosing info on their sexuality, lovers etc and then the results would be sent to the sender of the tests. I felt so trapped when i got the message but since it was sent by a very young cousin of mine, it took it easy and i actually thought it was after something not 2 worry about..

However, i got nevertheless anxious and check whether my results could be really seen by the sender and i ended up...sending it to all my contacts in my address book which includes contacts of both my mum and my dad, my boss and some other importants people that i should seriously worry about for my own sake

The thing is among my contacts was that of my ex who broke up with me less than three weeks ago...the break up was hurtful but it was not too much of my mind and i was actually trying to give him space quite successfully i have 2 say.

Well.. unfortunately.. he took the test and obviously he sent the harshest e-mail ever and of course requested me not to talk to him again and telling me to go 2 hell.

I thought i really messed up on this one yet i did not mean what happened.... I sent an explanatory txt after he refused to pick up his phone and sent an apology e-mail to all my contacts and offered them the link to their mails with their results still intacts as evidence that this was really not something i meant so that they could delete them on their own in private.

I chatted with a mutual girlfriend who actually laughed so much at it and said he would get over it soon coz this is something that happens commonly and he should not take it too much at heart and that i should not worry about it and it will soon be forgotten...

Today morning, actually got angry while reading again his e-mail and retaliated saying that he should have had more trust in me and this type of mail did not look at all like the kind of stuff i would send and i guess that is why i got a sizeable number of people who took the test ....and that i hope that he would come back 2 his senses..
    and that i was quite suprised he was the only one who threw his venum at me...he enjoys teasing people.

I am just wondering whether there is anything else i could have done beyond what i did, whether i deserved these harsh words and if according to you who is reading this post.. you would have acted the same and would you trust someone again if this would have been done onto you inspite of all attempts of explanation? and if there is anything else i could do what would that be
    I think it was just an accident and not much more you can do about it. There may have been something in there that really hurt his feelings. I would give it sometime and then try to explain it to him and you're sorry and you didn't mean to hurt him.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2006, 01:20 AM
    Your making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Nov 19, 2006, 10:27 PM
    Thank you everyone...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search