Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kalcan8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 07:36 PM
    Can't erase DVD+RW discs
    I have a ton of DVD+RW discs that I'd really like to erase to reuse. When I try to erase them they give me an error message and won't let me. Can anyone help or suggest a program for me to download? Thanks :) Oh and if it helps I'm using a Dell External DVDRW USB drive.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2010, 07:36 AM

The program I use is called DVDInfoPro. There is a option in there with erase
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2010, 09:20 PM

What is the exact message that you are getting?

It is possible also if the disc was 'finalized' or the 'session' was closed after burning the first time, you would not be able to erase it.
    Xapafe Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Jan 15, 2010, 09:51 PM

Sheawk83 said if the CD was finalized then it can't be erased.

When I'm dealing with Cds or dvds in general I use Roxio. Its very solid and never gives me problems. Maybe you would have luck with that? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DVD ROM and DVD RW drives won't read any discs. [ 18 Answers ]

I've tried a few discs in both drives and neither of the drives can read them. It's like there's nothing in the drives. :confused:. I think it might be a problem to do with some software I had installed 'Sonic software'. I have now removed this but the CD drives still have an exclamation mark next...

Cd/dvd drive stopped recognizing discs [ 5 Answers ]

The disc drive stopped recognizing my discs. What is the problem and how can I fix it. I have windows vista

DVD+RW erase [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I purchase 1 dvd+rw before 3 years. I write some movie on it by copy dvd option of nero After this I don't use it but after 3 year I try to erase it but it is not erased I try with nero. Why it is not erased?

Two Discs Jammed in DVD [ 3 Answers ]

O.K... I messed up. :o I put a disc in my Apex DVD player, not realizing (in time) that there was already a disc in the player. I now have two discs in the player, and of course the drive won't open. I've taken the cover off the player, and the discs (plural) appear readily accessible; however,...

CD/DVD Discs for backups question [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm a novice. Could someone please explain to me the difference between CD+RW and CD-RW. In particular what the + and - signs mean. I want to buy some backup discs for my computer and I'm not sure which is best. I have a LG DVD/CD multi recorder DVD/CD rewritable drive. It's an LG...

View more questions Search