Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amatuerhour Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 07:02 PM
    HD TV picture shifts at edges, other source OK
    I have a Vizio 37 inch TV - connected to a Comcast HD cable box. Everything was fine unil this evening.

The cable TV picture now has a fiarily significant shift/flickr on the lower edge with a white line appearing on and off. The picture overall seems to shift. This is HD and non HD channels being played through HDMI. The picture is fine if I play the same cable input from the cable box through coaxial cable, and not the HDMI cable. I also tried different HDMI cables, and different HDMI inputs with the same issue. A DVD player connected via coaxial plays fine as well. I don't have another HD source to test.

It appears the issues are either with TV ability to play HD, or comcast HD signal.

Anyone have any ideas?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 07:33 AM

Did you try adjusting the aspect ratio? Usually this is done through a zoom button or format button. Something along those lines should exist on the TV remote, and possibly on the cable box remote. Usually you want the TV set to 16:9 and then adjust everything through the cable box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AQ shifts its focus? [ 15 Answers ]

Al Qaeda tells China's Uyghurs to prepare for holy war - CNN.com A new spokesman for Al Qaeda has called for jihad against China for oppressing the Uyghers. The problems of the Uyghers is not new but Al Qaeda commencing a holy war on their behalf is. Perhaps the US has made it too hot for Al...

Amount of time in between work shifts [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried researching labor laws on scheduling. Several times at my job I have been scheduled for turn around shifts. Although the written schedule says 4:30pm to 12am we normally do not clock out until 1am. Then having my next shift from 6am to 2pm. Is there a law stating that there has to...

Automatic Transmission shifts [ 1 Answers ]

Ford: Automatic transmission shifts 1,3 OD,No 2nd gear

TV Picture has blurred Text at edges [ 2 Answers ]

My Television a 4 year old 32" widescreen Cathode Ray Tube Panasonic does not provide clearly visible text at the edges of the screen. The text in the centre of the screen is fine but at the edge it is impossible to read so when watching football we cannot see the Team abbreviation in the top left....

View more questions Search