Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bouda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 11:10 AM
    Wrong/Termination?
    I was terminated while on (WCB) for reason I was found not guilty of, do I return to my job or do I get a lawyer.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 16, 2006, 11:16 AM
    I would contact your employer and say that, since you were found not guilty of the charges, you want to know when you can restart work. If they say you can't, then you can consult an attorney.

By the way is WCB workman's comp?

You should be aware that in most areas a company does not have to justify terminating you. Unless you are under a union agreement (in which case you should be contacting your shop steward) or you believe you can prove the termination was on the basis of discrimation due to age, race etc. you probably don't have much of a case.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 16, 2006, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bouda
    Scott thank you for the answer, I have spoke with my boss in my province. He said he would love to see me challange it and return to work.It was not his choice to let me go but other bosses(his boss) in another provine made that choice.He my boss could not believe he had to do it? Do I trust him and return or walk.Yes WCB is workers comp and the law is you can't fire anyone on comp for any reason. What do I do???
    First, PMs are designed for correspondence of a personal nature. Any questions should be posted in the public forums.

Its not quite true that you can't be fired while on WC. But any such firing would be suspect. That being said, your boss doesn't seem to have the control or power to allow you to return to work. You need to contact the company's Human Resources dept, not your old boss. It might be a good idea if he goes with you to talk to HR or at least gives you a letter that he would like to have you back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Apartment Termination [ 5 Answers ]

I live in the Ethans Apartments in KAnsas City Missouri. I am being tansferred to Iowa for my job. My wife is staying in the apartment until the end of December, and the lease is up the middle of March. The landlord told me that a job transfer is a vaild reason to break the lease. Now they are...

Illegitimate Termination? [ 4 Answers ]

This question is not actually for me, but for my dad. He is 47 and has been working for an international company for 16 years. Up until the last year everything was going fine at his job, he got promoted, mostly because he is a work-aholic. My parents are divorced, and even being younger, going to...

Termination of At Will Employment [ 3 Answers ]

If an at will employee is terminated by their employer for cause and investigation finds that there is no evidence to support the claim, can that employee then sue the employer for wrongful termination given that the employer could not supply evidence to show just cause?

Termination of At Will Employment [ 1 Answers ]

If an at will employee is terminated by their employer for cause and investigation finds that there is no evidence to support the claim, can that employee then sue the employer for wrongful termination given that the employer could not supply evidence to show just cause?

Probation Termination [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to apply for early termination for probation, is there a form or do I just write the judge

View more questions Search