Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    someone04 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 01:16 PM
    Freaked out! I found this bug on me! w/ pictures
    So I decided to flip the mattress today and put new s on and after I was done I was laying on my bed when I notice this big crawling on my hand! Freaked out but kept the bug and took pictures.

The bug has very small legs that wouldn't extend outside of body, so when it would walk you couldn't see legs on at all till you turned it over and again it had very small legs.
    Its face reminded me of a cattipillar kind of , I didn't see any antenas or whatever you call them like the bed bugs but its looks like some kind of larvae state of a bug.

I hope I don't have bed bugs

This was the best I could do.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ijkehw.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2h5p3s5.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2ekq174.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2l2us0.jpg

Its upside down in this one

http://i48.tinypic.com/2nqdr8n.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2qbhx1c.jpg

Jan 6, 2010, 01:17 PM

I apologize in advance for my spelling, I wrote this in a hurry
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 6, 2010, 03:09 PM

Bad news

Look at these
    Image Search Results

Looks very similar. When you changed the sheets, did you notice any brownish flecks of dust?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2010, 03:40 PM

Catsmine guess looks pretty close.

I hear that they are not fun to get rid of, but I suggested methods that worked for him. He was a student and didn't own a vacuum cleaner.

Vacuuming is prudent and the bag needs to be thrown out.

It's prudent to try to figure out how you got the infestation and how far from the bed it has spread. All areas have to be vacuumed thouroughly.

Pesticides may be necessary.

Remember that they feed on dead skin flakes.

Furniture nneds to be vaccumed and examined.

So, try to determine how you got them. Recent hotel stay or evena visit to relatives. This may give you a clue to how much are is involved.

You WILL have to wrap the bed in plastc wrap. Shipping wrap would be an ideal material. Wrap the pillows too.

Wash in hot water. Bad the sheets in the room, so the investation doesn't spread all over the house.

I'm sure Catsmine will agree and can suggest pesticides.

Meanwhile I'll take you to one of my favorite sites ans suppliers: Get Rid Of Bed Bugs-How To Kill Bed Bugs
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 6, 2010, 03:57 PM

KISS, please proofread. Ouch, buddy. I will add to the things said on the website that they climb really well, so look up as well as under and around the bed.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 6, 2010, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    Catsmine guess looks pretty close.

I hear that they are not fun to get rid of, but I suggested methods that worked for him. He was a student and didn't own a vacuum cleaner.
    Are you suggesting Cats was a student that you helped?
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 6, 2010, 04:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Are you suggesting Cats was a student that you helped?
    That makes him really really old. Couldn't be.

Jan 6, 2010, 04:38 PM

Hey guys I figured it out, its not bed bugs, its called carpet beetles, here's a video on YouTube

YouTube - 8 31 09 They're Hungry!

That's exactly what it is
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 6, 2010, 04:48 PM

Lucky you. A destructive pest rather than a parasite. Getting rid of them should be easier than bedbugs, though.

Pest Control Products and Supplies
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2010, 06:23 PM

Oh, sorry Catsmine. I agree that my thinking is impaired a bit today. 60 mg of Oxycontin. A double-dose for me.

What I meant to say is that I helped a student get rid of bed bugs by providing him the method. It worked. He also learned the importance of a vacuum cleaner.
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 6, 2010, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    Oh, sorry Catsmine. I agree that my thinking is impaired a bit today. 60 mg of Oxycontin. A double-dose for me.

What I meant to say is that I helped a student get rid of bed bugs by providing him the method. It worked. He also learned the importance of a vacuum cleaner.
    A vacuum is one of my most important tools. Every new customer I get at least half of the first treatment is explaining and emphasizing maintenance and sanitation.

Edit: Apology unnecessary

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Found Military Pictures [ 3 Answers ]

My dad gave me some military pictures he found and neither one of us knows who they are of. I really don't want to throw them away but is there someone or a program who takes military pictures and recovers who the person is?

Strange Bug Found in Michigan [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Michigan. I found this bug on my door today. I've never seen anything like it. Does anyone know what it is? http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_m7rbpUURh1Q/SPkm7uRb05I/AAAAAAAAACg/LL85w3ByIVE/s400/Weird+Bug.jpg

Bug I found [ 1 Answers ]

I found a large 10 legged bug in my house. It was the color of sand and had two large pinchers in the front. It looked like a huge ant. It was about and inch in length. I tried to squash it but it wouldn't die. It finally did die after I had smacked it over and over with a shoe and squashed its...

Found old deleted pictures [ 3 Answers ]

I have stumbled upon some old pictures that I had deleted a long time ago. I want to share some with my friends. Only problem is they are thumbnail sized and I don't know how to locate the original sizes or if I even still have those. Is there any way of resizing a thumbnail to a bigger size...

Have I found a new bug/creature? [ 15 Answers ]

My daughter found this bug/creature that looks like a cross between a caterpillar, a slug, a snake, and an alligator (minus the mouth). It is 2 inches long and at its widest point it is 10 cm wide. At one end of its body it has pinchers, at the other end there are 4 rows of what looks like sharp...

View more questions Search