Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TLOUV1175 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2004, 12:58 PM
    HELP!!  PLUMBING!!
    ?? I am in the middle of adding a new bathroom to my home. The room is already there so i don't have to worry about that but it is empty. I need to know if it is possible to run the plumbing directly from my hot water heater instead of running from the pre-existing plumbing under my house. My hot water heater is in the same room where the bathroom is going to be. Please, someone help. Also, if you have any other suggestions, i am open to hearing them all!!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2004, 02:05 PM
    Re: help!!  plumbing!!
    Ah no waiting for the hot water or something else taking it all when you are in the shower. I see no problem keeping the pipe runs as short as possible. Beyond that, what all you need to know is much too much to give here. Pick up a basic home owners' book, the Reader's Digest Complete Do It Yourself Manual may be as good as any. For anything more you need, come back here with specific questions. If I can't answer them, somebody else can.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 17, 2004, 03:50 PM
    re: help!!  plumbing!!
    Hey Lou, Yes you can. If there are no more then three fixtures, ( Toilet, lavatory and tub&shower) you may cut in a 3/4 X3/4 X12" tee in the hot water line off the heater and supply your group with 1/2". TIP: When you pipe to the lavatory install air chambers to eliminate water hammer. Air chambers are nothing more then 12" of 1/2" pipe topped off with a permanent cap. When you go to stub out the water for the lavatory instead of using elbos, use tees and install the air chambers on top of them while stubbing out of the branch,(middle). Be sure to secure the chambers with pipe straps. If we can of further service click on back. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IE   About:blank [ 5 Answers ]

Well I read all the queeries and didn't see my problem. While surfing I get redirected to an annoying search engine page ( about:blank) with 2 or 3 spyware pop-up ads. The desired page will load for 1 sec and then I end up on( about :blank). This will occur when using links on my home page...

Black     ural Nationalism [ 1 Answers ]

Why would the formulation of a black aesthetic have been necessary at the moment in history of the Civil Rights / Black Power movement; and is it still a useful ?

Pop ups   ON AOL [ 4 Answers ]

Hello; Can anyone help me , with those annoying pop ups , did everything , went 2 prefrence , also called AOL , e-mail them etc Nothing is helping , my problem , I get many of them all day . Very annoying , even pop up when I type , and cause's me to stop , can't type , letters...

View more questions Search