Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcombs2c Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 08:41 AM
    Upgrade video card or replace computer.
    I am debating whether I should purchase a new computer or keep what I have and upgrade. My computer serves my purpose except for instance if I want to watch utube videos. The video keeps reloading and takes much to long. I am considering purchasing a new graphics card, however I don't know if it will be compatible with my computer. Any suggestions? Thanks
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2010, 08:48 AM
    YouTube videos are not graphic intensive, I doubt your video card/chipset is the problem here. Can you play other games on your PC? Perhaps it's just a matter of installing the latest Flash player: Adobe - Adobe Flash Player (uncheck the McAfee scan).

Conversely try installing and using Firefox.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing A/C unit or upgrade to R410A-using unit? [ 3 Answers ]

Our A/C unit is slowly going on the fritz: struggling to provide cool air, now the 2nd time this summer. Technician came out to the house and suggested we remove the current unit, which uses R-22, and replace it with one that uses R410-A since the R-22 is getting forced out anyway. Now my...

Graphics card upgrade? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok guys. I really need a graphics card upgrade. At the moment I Have an Ati X1550 256 MB DDR2 with 1 gb HyperMemory. I want to run some new games like Crysis, Call of Duty 4 and Unreal Tournament 3 on 1440 x 900 with medium to high settings. My bduget is £100 and it has to be pci. I would...

Video card upgrade [ 3 Answers ]

I have Card name: ALL-IN-WONDER 9200 SERIES Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc. Chip type: RADEON 9200 AGP (0x5961) 256Mb Need to upgrade to a equivalent 512Mb or higher card any suggestions Second question what's he difference between AGP & PCI & PCI Express?

What is the PCI-E Video Card equivalent to this AGP Video Card? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm in a turmoil to either upgrade my AGP Video Card to another AGP or a PCI-E. Most of you will say upgrade a motherboard that has a PCI-E slot, but that means upgrading everything else including memory, video card, MAYBE CPU - and that could mean a whole lot because I don't want to buy a cheap...

Need help.. computer froze during upgrade from win98se to ME [ 13 Answers ]

I was upgrading my old computer from win98se to windows ME and it was doing good then at 66% of install it froze so I turned it off then back on and now all I get is the message "this version of windows only run on ms-dos 8.00." then I get C:\> what happened and please tell me how to fix it! It...

View more questions Search