Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Doogen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 07:45 AM
    time calculation formula
    Im working with a Microsoft works spreadsheet program and trying to put an equation in that will total up my times. All of my times are in Hrs and min and are in separate columns and I want them to total out that way, at the bottom in a total column. What would be the correct formula to use I've been trying for a while and can't fiure it out EX. (Column1) (Column2)
    Hours Minutes
    4 37
    + 1 29
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2010, 08:30 AM

Total the minutes, divide by 60, add that to your hours, whatever is left, is minutes?
    Or:
    http://www.onlineconversion.com/adva...calculator.htm
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jan 6, 2010, 09:53 AM

You wouldn't have this problem if you had stayed with normal time calculation practices. Excel is quite adept at dealing with the vagaries of time math.

You should have 4:37 in one cell and 1:29 in another. Then you can simply add them. =A1+A2

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wind load calculation formula on wire rope of ropeway [ 1 Answers ]

12 mm dia wire ropeway fixed at a distance of 1000 meter at both the end and it is fixed at a 45 degreeand around 150 kg weight is moving on it. How can calculate the wind load?

For calculation formula [ 3 Answers ]

Hai I need yours one help I need now a solving formula for converting the ft/min to RPM & m/min to RPM can you help me..?.

Calculation or formula [ 2 Answers ]

How to calculate the average cost per share of common stock?

How do you stop this time calculation formula from rounding [ 7 Answers ]

I did not make this formula, but found it on the internet. I am trying to figure out how to make it stop rounding. It is the "total" cell for the "time in" and "time out" on a timesheet. The cell is formatted as "time". I want it to return exact minutes worked and not round. Can someone please...

Internal Rate of Return Calculation and Formula [ 6 Answers ]

If I have the following cash flows, what is the internal rate of return (IRR)? 12/31/05 invest 1052 1/20/06 return 100 12/1/06 return 25 12/31/06 return 1136 What is the formula used to calculate this IRR?

View more questions Search