Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grrandall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 07:16 AM
    York gas furnace problem
    My furnace has a intermmitent problem. When it quits the fault code is open limit. They all are closed. I can get it to work by moving the wires at the control board connector. The connections appear to be OK. I looked at the rear of the board and did not see any bad solder joints or cracks. Hate to by a new contol board if that is not the problem. Any suggestions?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2006, 07:28 AM
    Intermittents are a pain. Carefully examine the wires. If you find a very flexible place, the conductor inside the insulation may be broken. Cut back to solid wire, and the problem may be fixed.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2006, 04:53 PM
    If the main limit opens too long or often this will happen. What is the temperature rise when the heat is on?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermocouple on Old Carrier Gas furnace [ 5 Answers ]

If the thermocouple is defective, could you light the pilot and it and the burner would stay lit? How do you know it is defective? Would the defect be visible? If so, could you tell me What it would look like? The heater is 20+ years old. I have never had ONE problem with it, until I had it...

Gas Heating problem [ 2 Answers ]

When I turn the heater on, it goes through it's cycles the electric ignitor glows hot, I can actually feel the solenoid valve open, gas goes through the piping and out the nozzles and ignites. Then in about two seconds, it shuts down. No more flame. The exhaust fan is still going and the main fan...

Gas Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having diffuculty with this problem: Given the equation: CaH2(s) + 2H20(l) ---> 2H2(g) + Ca(OH)2(aq) How many grams of CaH2 are needed to produce 14.00L of gas at 35 degrees celsius and 1.00 atm? I used the following equation to get the moles n=(PV)/(RT) and then...

Gas dyer problem [ 1 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi I am an HVAC tech an having problems with my Frigidaire gas dyer M#GLGR331AS2, S#XD31100005. Here it goes, it runs for about 5 to 10 minutes. Then cycles off, the flame. When it goes to relite the HSI warms up...

Gas furnace runs two cycles [ 1 Answers ]

My gas furnace is approx. 30 years old. The furnace will run one cycle, shut off and approx. 15 seconds later run again for a shorter period. Everything is working properly, heating correctly etc. but runs two cycles. Any thoughts on why?

View more questions Search