Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smitho Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2010, 04:58 PM
    How to get a grant for felons
    Is there a grant that the government issues to felons to start a business?
    smitho Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2010, 04:59 PM

Is there a grant that the government issues to felons to start a business?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 5, 2010, 06:34 PM

No there is no specific grants for a felon ( because they are a felon) to start a business
    ryusy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2012, 08:36 PM
    Don't talk about what you don't know lmao! There's a lot for grants out there for felons to better themselves, both for school and for small business... don't be [an idiot] when you don't know what you're talking about... as to the answer try checking out grants.gov and look for a grant that fits you. Apply to many not just one, this is the key to becoming successful.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2012, 07:17 AM
    "Importance of Looking for Non-Government Grants

Convicts are allowed to obtain business licenses and manage a company. However, there are no government grants set up to help felons start their own business. Felons should invest their time finding private funding opportunities for their businesses. The Small Business Administration (SBA) claims that felons are treated the same as other citizens, and government grants are not established expressly for helping them."

From Small Business Grants for Convicted Felons | Chron.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does a grant cover for felons [ 4 Answers ]

What does a federal grant for convicted felon do

Grant money for felons [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any resources that could provide a grant to a convicted felon (no jail time) to go to school to become a paralegal?

Who can grant my wish [ 2 Answers ]

I wish I could take my son and go home to be with my family in Puerto Rico, it's been 7 years and my husband has passed. I am disabled and I just want to go home.

Felons marring felons incarcerated [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are coming up on final sentencing and he is in the county and I'm out we don't know if he will get probated and we would like to get married if he does get locked can we still get married even though I will be a felon to or will we have to wait till he gets out?

Can I get a grant if. [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if I can still get a college grant or loan if I have a co-sign for someone.:confused:

View more questions Search