Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patricia9 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 01:05 PM
    Property in foreclosure before renting
    I was to be a renter (RV owner renting space to live on the property) and gave before I moved in a deposit and the property owner (of house and land) was to put in amenities we had agreed to... sewage dump line, internet, water electricity. Property owner aside from agreeing to those amenities wanted me in to rent and my RV was too long to make the corner off the driveway onto the property and promised (I have all the emails regarding everything that took place and her agreements) to remove a tree, fence and tighten a corner of another fence... two day before I was to move in only the corner fence was tightened nothing else.. I found the property was in foreclosure BEFORE she contacted me to be a renter and accepted my money in good faith (on my part) I again have ALL the emails, agreements and after all the upset her agreement to pay me the money back in two emails and also an email stating it was "ok if I didn't want to move in" "Whatever works best for you" (meaning me). Is this fraud or a case for small claims court?
    patricia9 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2010, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by patricia9 View Post
    I was to be a renter (RV owner renting space to live on the property) and gave before I moved in a deposit and the property owner (of house and land) was to put in amenities we had agreed to...sewage dump line, internet, water electricity. Property owner aside from agreeing to those amenities wanted me in to rent and my RV was too long to make the corner off the driveway onto the property and promised (I have all the emails regarding everything that took place and her agreements) to remove a tree, fence and tighten a corner of another fence...two day before I was to move in only the corner fence was tightened nothing else.. I found the property was in foreclosure BEFORE she contacted me to be a renter and accepted my money in good faith (on my part) I again have ALL the emails, agreements and after all the upset her agreement to pay me the money back in two emails and also an email stating it was "ok if I didn't want to move in" "Whatever works best for you" (meaning me). Is this fraud or a case for small claims court?
    Addendum: I see it as her not disclosing the fact that her property was to go up for auction 16 days after I was to move in, denied me my right to make an informed decision as to whether to rent or not.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 5, 2010, 02:46 PM

First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Its not fraud but might be a case for small claims. A foreclosure may be staved off right up to the day of auction. Its possible the rental would have been used to prevent foreclosure. There is no fraud in not disclosing that fact.

By not making the changes agreed to, she is in breach of the contract and you have the right to back out with a refund of all monies. You can sue her for additional costs incurred because she reneged on the agreement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreclosure and renting [ 1 Answers ]

I have more of a statement than a answer. We have recently received a notice that our landlord is in foreclosure on our house we are renting. Why does it seem he has more rights than we do? We HAVE to keep paying and keep up our terms of the lease but since he scammed on refinancing this house...

Renting a foreclosure? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a website I can go to for information about the house I'm renting. My landlord has not mentioned anything, but we keep getting mail from people offering to purchase the house.

Renting a Foreclosure Property [ 2 Answers ]

I am thining of renting an apartment in a 2 family house in New York City that is rumored to be in foreclosure. How do I find out, and if so, what are my rights?

Renting in a foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

What are my rights when a house in which I live is in foreclosure? And how would I know how much time I will have to vacate ?

Renting Foreclosure Florida [ 2 Answers ]

We just rented a house in Palm Beach county Florida, starting August 2007 @ $1,700/mo. Just got served with Foreclosure filing. Owner aware of arrears. He still entered contract with us. 1) What are our rights? 2) Do we still pay the rent to the current owner? Thanks for your help.

View more questions Search