superdaredork Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Nov 16, 2006, 06:05 AM
    Abortion
    I know my views... what are yours?
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2006, 06:36 AM
    What are your views on abortion?

My views, well... I'm against it and I'm not.Obviously it all depends on the circusmtances.

That's why I believe in the morning after pill.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2006, 06:40 AM
    I strongly believe that abortion is against the Judeo-Christian philosophy. However, I also know there are circumstances that can warrant an abortion; such as rape, the mother's life is in danger from complications in the pregnancy, or the child has serious birth defects. I do believe in the morning after pill and hopefully the woman is wise enough to access medical care.

But that is my personal soap box. Who am I to judge a woman having an abortion - that is between her and her conscience. I am not about to picket a clinic but I would volunteer at a pregnancy crisis home. There are so many sad things in the world; such as a 11 year old girl becoming pregnant from her Father, or a developmentally disabled girl becoming pregnant from her developmentally disabled boyfriend. And more.
    superdaredork Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Nov 16, 2006, 03:28 PM
    I believe that abortion is murder. NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCES! Even rape. It's killing an innocent baby.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2006, 03:36 PM
    Pro-choice.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2006, 04:27 PM
    Pro life, abortion is murder, if while doing medical procedures for a women that is sick or injured and a miscarrage happens because of that treatment, it is not abortion .

But justifying killing just can't happen to an innocent baby on any grounds
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2006, 04:47 PM
    superdaredork, until you walk in a woman's shoes who has faced some of the horrible circumstances that women have to face, I see no value in your opinion. You posted the religion question too and that created some furor. Go ahead, disagree with me, block me, it would be a blessing.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 16, 2006, 05:44 PM
    Im a christian.
    If I were a woman, and got pregnant with an unwanted child, I would probobly NOT have it aborted, however, that said:

Is abortion murder? Well, it really depends on when you define life as beginning. Whether abortion is murder, or frowned upon in Gods eyes, we must accept that it is not our position to judge someone's soul.

I believe that an aborted unborn baby has a one way ticket to heaven. I believe that this life is only a small precursor to what lies ahead, for some its heaven, for some its hell. I believe an aborted child will go to heaven no doubt. The child beat me to it, for that I envy the child.

As far as the woman goes, that's something she will have to take up with God on judgement day. When that days comes, I am more than certain, I will be fumbling, rubbing my neck, and stuttering while I answer for all the sins I have committed, I won't even be thinking about anyone else's sins.

My official posistion, I guess if you had to politically define it, I would say, pro choice. However if my wife were to become pregnant with a baby that we made, and have the child aborted, I would be devistated, and it would probobly divorce her. Is that harsh? I don't think so, if she has a right to abort a baby that we both made, then I should have every right to find someone who wouldn't mind having a child by me. But even to divorce my wife, in Gods eyes, is everybit as bad a sin as the abortion itself. I am no better.

Pray for women who feel the need to have abortions. Do not judge them, we don't know the situation they are in, Im am sure that what ever decision they made they didn't make lightly. These people need prayer christians, not scorn, that will only turn them away from the faith and probobly cause more abortions.

That's my two cents.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 16, 2006, 06:08 PM
    Abortion is a fancy name for murder!
    dxviii Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Nov 16, 2006, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Abortion is a fancy name for murder!
    It is as simple as that...
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Nov 16, 2006, 09:55 PM
    Honestly I knew someone who ended up sleeping around and got a girl pregnant, he was sleazy, and knowing him as much I did he couldn't have raised that baby. That mom couldn't have raised that baby alone, and the father wanted nothing to do with it. Now if I was the father I would have wanted to keep the baby. Not for any religious reasons, because I think all to often people use religion as a cloak for not having any true opinions. Not saying anyone here is, but that's my opinion. Anyway, they both decided to have it aborted and I think that was the best decision. It's easy to say let the kid live, but then how does he live? My uncle works with abandon kids that comes from these type of scenarios, and I have seen what this does to these kids. The American social system is nowhere were it needs to be in terms of helping these kids, and yeah some might make it but most don't. Again I think there are special circumstances, and I would never have my kid aborted, but I am not one to judge and those who think they are, are only fooling themselves.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2006, 01:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by superdaredork
    I belive that abortion is murder. NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCES! Even rape. It's killing an innocent baby.
    Are you male or female?

Imagine being raped... and getting pregnant by the a**hole who raped you, I don't think you would say what you just said.

I also heard on discoverey TV that when a women fall pregnant - up to 3 or 4 weeks of the beginning of her pregnany the embrio, hasn't yet formed, hasn't yet grown a heart and not yet got any feelings, so maybe if the abortion is done within those weeks its not really murder.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 17, 2006, 11:44 AM
    Okay, just consider this... Ponder for a moment before answering.

You are a woman and you are brutally raped and beaten, in a home invasion, in your own bedroom, by an assailant you do not know, he is never caught. You find out that you are now pregnant by this brutal person.

You are not given the option of an abortion, but must live every day with this child of violence growing inside you reminding you on a daily basis of the brutal attack that you barely lived through. Every kick gives horrid flashbacks.

Reliving this attack every day of your life for the next 9 months is bound to drive a person insane.
    Expert

Nov 17, 2006, 01:56 PM
    Yup, that is what I was trying to show. That sometimes it can be necessary.

Depressing, yes, but it does happen. I personally don't know of anyone in this situation, but there are some I am sure.

Unfortunately this is not a situation that we can generalize. While I agree it should not under any circumstances be considered a form of birth control, (I am with all of you others on that one) I do see that at times it is necessary.
    wildcatgirl Posts: 73, Reputation: 13

Nov 17, 2006, 02:44 PM
    In the case of rape or incest, I am pro-abortion. In any other cases, I am pro-life. But (and this probably will open up a can of worms) I am also a BIG believer in stem cell research.
    My father was forced into early retirement at 63. He was a brilliant engineer for one of the largest plastics companies in the world. But, he began showing signs of demintia and the people he worked with told my mother that he was losing his abilities to calculate measurements. He retired right about the same time my son was born, so I elected to work part time on weekends so I could take care of him and my son while my mother still worked during the week. It started to get to the point where he was dirtying himself and couldn't bathe himself anymore. After 3 years of this, my mother started taking him to an adult day care facility. Two years after that, he finally had to go to a rest home. He was becoming difficult for anyone to deal with as he would have often boughts of anger and even hit my mother a couple of times. After 1 year in the rest home, he passed away from complications of pneumonia because he lost his ability to swallow correctly and he was aspirating on his food (which had to be ground up like baby food). After his death, we needed confirmation, so my mother had a autopsy performed. The autopsy confirmed that he had Alzheimers. It was very hard for my entire family to watch this brilliant person shrivel away and die in such a terrible way. I really feel for anyone who has a family member with Alzheimers or any other brain debilitating disease.

Now, even though I do not believe in abortion except for in the cases as mentioned, as long as abortion is legal, why not keep stem cell research going? I was incredibly angered about the comments Rush Limbaugh made about Michael J. Fox simply because Mr. Fox is for stem cell research due to his Parkinsons disease. To me, if this country is going to keep abortion legal, then why not try to save the lives of others?
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Nov 17, 2006, 03:19 PM
    I am pro-choice but I know I could never have an abortion. I know that terrible things happen to women everyday and I don't think they should have to be forced to have a baby that only depresses them and reminds them all through the pregnancy. Like J_9 said, if something like that were to happen, the mother would be so upset and depressed, do you think she would take the adequate measures to make sure the baby is healthy?
    I also feel that if you think, abortion is murder, then if a woman gets raped and becomes pregnant and decides on abortion, shouldn't the man who caused her all these problems be the murderer? After all, its his fault for raping and should deal with consequences? Its sad enough when a woman is a victim to rape, I don't think the woman should be forced to create a child who is a victim of rape also.
    As for the women who use abortion as a form of birth-control, these women aren't smart enough to be having sex anyway...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 17, 2006, 04:21 PM
    Don't they have a day after pill or something in the US?
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Nov 17, 2006, 06:22 PM
    Yeah tally I believe they do
    Expert

Nov 17, 2006, 06:24 PM
    Yes, they do. But I believe this is a lazy form of birth control. It means you can abort on your own without a doctor's intervention if indeed you got pregnant last night.

If someone believes they are mature enough to have sex then they should be mature enough to handle the consequences.
    dbek Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Nov 17, 2006, 07:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by superdaredork
    I know my views.....what are yours?
    My view is,, I think it's a woman's choice. She has to live with her decision. I wouldn't want anyone telling me how to things. I believe that in certain circumstances, like rape & incest than it's OK. If your getting pregnant over and over and getting an abortion to take care of the problem-then I disagree. But this is just my opinion. Go from your own heart!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abortion? [ 54 Answers ]

I haven't told anyone about this... if I had a baby now id would be so unhappy. I don't have the money or the time kto put into it... same with my boyfriend... we are not married yet, we are taking things one step at a time, if we had a baby it would screw up our plans. You know? Well if I turn...

Pregnancy after an abortion [ 23 Answers ]

Earlier this year, my boyfriend made me chose between him and having a baby. Stupidly I chose him, and had an abortion which I so deeply regret. Straight after my op the doctors fitted me with a coil which gave me endless problems so I later had it removed. Since then I have desperately...

Still no period after abortion [ 3 Answers ]

If I had THE abortion on May 5, 2006 and I started my birth control pills on that Sunday may 7, 2006 It is now July 1, 2006 shouldn't I have a period by now I am finished with my second pack of pills.today.I took a test like two three days ago but it said negative... what going on

Liability for abortion complications [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. A woman has an abortion. Afterward she has an infection which forces her to be taken to the hospital. She now owes $2500 in doctor bills, and is threatening to sue the baby's father for these bills. Is there any liability on the part of the baby's father, assuming that they are not...

Abortion could I be pregnant again [ 2 Answers ]

I am 21 years old and I had an abortion on May 5, 2006.. I started my birth control pill on Sunday May 7, 2006.. but sometimes I forget to take the pill and I end up taking like two in one day.. I have had sex like 10+ times on the day I missed my pill and on days I take the pill.. but I did not...

View more questions Search