Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 18, 2006, 05:33 AM
    In the case of rape or incest it seems to me that the morning after pill would be a useful tool in avoiding the truama of worrying about being pregnant after an already truamatic experience. As for using it for birth control? If there are no side effects then why not?
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Nov 18, 2006, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    In the case of rape or incest it seems to me that the morning after pill would be a useful tool in avoiding the truama of worrying about being pregnant after an already truamatic experience. As for using it for birth control? If they're are no side effects then why not?
    I agree, I understand where J9 is coming from, I just think that they are both forms of birth control, and all though one comes after conception, they both end up doing the same thing...
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2006, 03:12 PM
    Very simple. Abortion is a murder of an unborn human being.

Joe
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2006, 01:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Don't they have a day after pill or something in the US?
    I agree with that completely, unfortunately here in some parts of Europe they don't permit it, its against our religion!! Which is abit unfair, if you tell me.
    usaann Posts: 66, Reputation: 0

Nov 8, 2009, 06:05 PM

Believe or not its very difficult for women too, from my experience, I had abortion because of baby abnormality , I did not wonted I really regret, but I was really scared , actually I was trying to have a baby... really long time , now you decide how difficult it was
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 06:41 AM

Pro-life.

I have seen many pictures of abortion.

One of them was the abortion of a some weeks only embryo, and you could see the tiny shape of the hand, brrr. Absolutely horrible...

Not to speak of the other forms of abortion, cutting the foetus piece by piece in the womb of the woman, sucking the foetus into a sort of vacuum pump, crushing the head of the foetus into pieces then throw all away Ugh!
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Nov 15, 2009, 06:59 AM
    All medical procedures are very gory, Unky. Blood and guts and slime... at least you didn't have to smell it.

Surgical procedures as birth control are such a waste of medical facilities. Oophorectomies are more effective and one time shots. Perhaps mandating them with all abortions except in rape and incest cases would settle the debate.

As for the religious question - my vasectomy healed. Apparently I'm supposed to be a Dad. I'm kind of glad about that.
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 07:06 AM

Lol, me too :p

I'm saying that all they do in abortion, I find that inhumane! I don't think that anyone would be given the choice to do that to a fully grown human being...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 07:09 AM
    3 year old thread resurrected.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Nov 15, 2009, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    3 year old thread resurrected.
    Oops, I didn't notice. Sorry.
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 07:15 AM

Oops, it was because of usaan... I was wandering through the other members discussion thread and saw this thread... quite interesting with the posts of J_9, Synn, Joe, etc...

Sorry :o
    cherry_lips Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 01:55 PM

I believe that no-one can comment on abortion until it truly affects you.

I had one 3 months ago.. My reasons are because, even though I was using contraception, it failed me, and I found out too late to take the morning after pill.. I also have a medical condition that means that pregnancy and birth should be planned and considered very carefully before-hand.

So I found out when I was 2 months pregnant and I, my partner and my family helped make the incredibly difficult decision to abort.

You may call me a murderer, that's fine, but I'm afraid that I made a heart wrenching decision and I have to live with that.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Nov 18, 2009, 05:01 PM
    I think that it should be legal with parental consent for under 18s, no taxpayer funding and no late-term abortions is my position, middle of the road.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2009, 06:04 PM

I know this is old but I can't help myself...

If they made abortion illegal there would be a LOT of people deliberately hurting themselves to get rid of the baby.

I think it's a good and bad as I have seen both sides.

A good friend of mine was pregnant when she was 18, she decided to have an abortion as the time was just not right for her to have a child.
    Now she is 22 and facing a hysterectomy due to cysts on her ovaries.
    She is now kicking herself for aborting that pregnancy.

Not everyone is like that though, an abortion doesn't mean you can't get pregnant down the track when you are ready, she was just very unlucky.

Now another good friend of mine got pregnant when she was 17, she was having twins and both of them were tested positive for a disability (sorry don't know specifics) she decided to abort because she also was not ready for a child, let alone 2 disabled children.

She does regret the decision in a way but she knows she would not have been able to care for them properly in her mental state at the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abortion? [ 54 Answers ]

I haven't told anyone about this... if I had a baby now id would be so unhappy. I don't have the money or the time kto put into it... same with my boyfriend... we are not married yet, we are taking things one step at a time, if we had a baby it would screw up our plans. You know? Well if I turn...

Pregnancy after an abortion [ 23 Answers ]

Earlier this year, my boyfriend made me chose between him and having a baby. Stupidly I chose him, and had an abortion which I so deeply regret. Straight after my op the doctors fitted me with a coil which gave me endless problems so I later had it removed. Since then I have desperately...

Still no period after abortion [ 3 Answers ]

If I had THE abortion on May 5, 2006 and I started my birth control pills on that Sunday may 7, 2006 It is now July 1, 2006 shouldn't I have a period by now I am finished with my second pack of pills.today.I took a test like two three days ago but it said negative... what going on

Liability for abortion complications [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. A woman has an abortion. Afterward she has an infection which forces her to be taken to the hospital. She now owes $2500 in doctor bills, and is threatening to sue the baby's father for these bills. Is there any liability on the part of the baby's father, assuming that they are not...

Abortion could I be pregnant again [ 2 Answers ]

I am 21 years old and I had an abortion on May 5, 2006.. I started my birth control pill on Sunday May 7, 2006.. but sometimes I forget to take the pill and I end up taking like two in one day.. I have had sex like 10+ times on the day I missed my pill and on days I take the pill.. but I did not...

View more questions Search