Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clandestine1 Posts: 71, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2010, 11:13 AM
    Am I wrong to be insulted?
    My ex boyfriend realized I defriended him on Facebook shortly after telling me he was still seeing someone. Mind you, we'd been hooking up for six months before this ever came out. I was pissed that he'd lied, that he'd been cheating with me without my knowledge that he was still with someone, and I defriended him simply to not drive myself crazy seeing things I'm better off not seeing, pictures, comments, etc.

I thought my way of handling it was right. So he texts me the night before New Years saying, "You didn't have to unfriend me on facebook you know " and I said that I wasn't doing it to be a b----;l however, he writes back saying, "Suuure..you know, its times like this I'm glad I have a big d--- because otherwise, you'd tell me how you REALLY feel lolol jk"

This isn't the first time this has come up! So when I received that, I called him up and I told him that he can't say things like that to me, and he claimed no one else would get annoyed over that. He constantly brings up his size, he wants to know how he compares to other guys (I've only ever been with one other guy since!), he even bought a pump, trying to impress me while we were hooking up, saying "You always liked it, I thought you'd like it even more if it was bigger."

I DON'T GET IT! I've told him over and over I don't care about his size, I care about him, I care about how he treats me and I see it clearly that its all his insecurities. But I don't understand why he thinks that's all he has, because he always uses that to say, "If it wasn't for that..." as in he thinks he doesn't have anything else going for him.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2010, 11:17 AM

Umm... no. You were not wrong to be insulted.

Stay away from this guy. Seriously.

Find someone who is more interested in the size of his character rather than the size of his package.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2010, 11:25 AM
    Find someone with a brain!

And stop a l l contact with the insulting jerk. Don't reply to his stupid messages-delete them without reading them.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2010, 11:27 AM

Yeah I'd be insulted too. I'd block his number. He sounds like a creep that uses his penis as a reason for everything, like it can answer for him or something.

I'd just block him from everything, and not talk to him anymore. He's not going to change.

Let him do whatever he wants with other girls, and find a guy that isn't there just to eff you.
    Because honestly, that's all he wants to do, so just walk away, better yet, run.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2010, 12:06 PM

A guy who only cares about his package has got to be an a$$. You need to lose the guy because he will think he can manipulate you with it or something. You need to ignore him and any messages you get. You need a guy who thinks with his heart not his d!ck.
    clandestine1 Posts: 71, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2010, 12:36 PM

Honestly, we have a long, long history and I know that his insecurities from childhood are what come up now. His girlfriend is rather immature, even from her posts on Facebook before I defriended him that much was obvious. She'll tease him, especially on his looks, even just little comments here and there and he'll kiss her in return.

I don't know if he attracts really bad people or if he just likes getting on, but I've learned through the years that underneath it all, its all his insecurities, all his low self-esteem and he projects it onto me. He wants my reassurance, he wants me to boost his self-esteem, and honestly, his size is perfectly normal. Its probably 6-7 inches, but I made sure to tell him this time around: "Thats one part of you, not all. I don't care about your size." I don't understand how I'm a Size-Queen in his eyes. I'm not a shallow person, and when we'd hang out its like a light-bulb would go off and he'd say to me, "You're really nice." As if it's a shocking quality to have. I'm not fake, I'm just me, and I'm always told I'm a "nice girl" but I'm not a pushover either and you can't take me down because you feel a certain way about yourself.

He's not happy in his relationship, yet he stays. I don't feel comfortable talking to him because even something as simple as saying hey, how are you.. his girlfriend will check his phone. She'll post pics of her and a guy, she's more demanding and for whatever reason... girls like this can get their way with him. You probably think I'm crazy, but I've learned to deal with this over time that I'm the one person in his life who treats him like a person. So when he's at his lowest points, he'll come around. But here's the thing. Most of the time, he's all talk. He'll talk a big game about hooking up, but when I finally did see him (haven't in months since learning he was with someone) he'd just be watching TV or would want to show me a video game. He's 25, he's a cop, why isn't he more mature than this?

He admitted in the past that he looks at my page and reads my wall posts... which is also probably why it bothered him not to be able to see what I was doing, but I even said, "If you want to know whats going on in my life, you could just ask ya know." I just feel like no matter how much I care about him... it never sinks in that I genuinely care about him. He always assumes there's a motive or that I just want him for his size or that I only want him because there's no one else. There are all these deep-rooted issues that I can't even begin to post, we'd be on here all day...
    jmooney527 Posts: 200, Reputation: 83

Jan 5, 2010, 12:43 PM

Everything you've said about him shows how incredibly insecure he is. He wants reassurance from people frequently so he feels better about himself. His behavior you described sets off so many red flags in my book... I would highly recommend not talking to him anymore... period.

By the sounds of it, by you ignoring him he'll lash out and try to antagonize you into speaking with him again. He strikes me as that type, so NC will be challenging but very rewarding for you.

When it comes down to it, you feel disrespected and have found all these major issues with him. You know he's not right for you, so try to stay strong and stay far away from him.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2010, 12:50 PM
    Yes I'm sure you are a nice understanding person,it comes however,a point in time where you've got to call it quits on a situation that's run its course.

Your not his mom or nursemaid-he's with somebody else-you surely don't want to have him pester you about his size when you are both in your forties and married to other people?

Leave him in the past,that's where he belongs.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jan 5, 2010, 12:52 PM
    Quit torturing yourself by keeping this jerk in your life. You deserve better.

Meet new people who will actually treat you with respect.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2010, 03:43 PM
    You were not wrong in feeling insulted. I would have probably been insulted enough to smack him upside the head! I would stay far away from a man whose concerns are only focused on "his package". You need a mature man that treats you with love and respect and he isn't it!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 5, 2010, 04:35 PM

Why the hell do you care or need a lying cheating insulting b@startd in your life in the first place. This isn't about him and his insults, its about you being insecure as he is with no self esteem, or you would have walked away and disappeared from his life, when you found out what he was doing behind your back, and hers too.

He is an idiot, he has no choice but to act like one, but what's your excuse?

Get some dignity, and self respect about you, as you should be more than just insulted, you should be gone.
    Llisa Posts: 36, Reputation: 17

Jan 6, 2010, 09:31 AM

He's treated you so badly. And he is showing you that he wants to be with his girlfriend and does not want to make you his girlfriend.

Unless you're a sadist, there is no reason to keep hanging around him.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2010, 09:39 AM

You de-friended him on Facebook now do the same with your real life ans just keep him out.

He sounds like a tool.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search