Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    circlek71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2004, 09:31 AM
    How do you replace the PRV under the house
    Last night when I got home from work, there was a massive gushing of water coming from under my house. It is a mobile home and I was able to turn off the water and stand under the area and I noticed that the water was coming from the PRV (Pressure Reducing Valve) up under the bathroom from the master bedroom.

Does anyone know how or where I can get information to replace this valve?

I called the plumbers and they all range from $250-$350. Of which I don't have. Thanks for the help.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2004, 10:40 AM
    Re: How do you replace the PRV under the house
    Remove the valve and take it to a hardware store. I have had good luck with the local Ace or top value franchises. They may even refer you to a more professional place that will have it.

If it gives a manufacturer's name on it you could try to find a web site. I never seem to be able to set up a search on the net that doesn't bury me in irrelevant junk. However you may try searching under water pressure regulator too.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 23, 2004, 10:40 AM
    Re: How do you replace the PRV under the house
    This should be a easy installation once you have a replacement valve. Wilkins Model# BR4 comes to
    Mind. This residential pressure reducing valve has a max of 400 PSI and
    Comes factory preset at 50 PSI. Sizes from 1/2" up to 1" IPS, (Iron pipe
    Size) Check it out at http://www.daveyusa.com/BR4.pdf Good luck and if you have any more questions just click on back. Regards Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to replace a shower with a tub [ 1 Answers ]

Could anyone tell me how to replace my shower with a tub? My father said that it would be difficult, but a plumber that was out unclogging our pipes said that if the drains did not match up we could run extension pipes. My father says only if we build up the floor first. I need to know the...

Need to replace thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

Problems with programmable Honeywell thermostat and heating. New batteries put in a week ago. Basically it isn't necessarily following the scheduled program. Get up in the morning and the house is cold, cold, cold. The fuse box has a line run to the furnace. The line runs through a mounted...

Should I replace or repair my TV? [ 5 Answers ]

My TV has a white horizontel line across the screen, dividing the screen in half. Above the line the screen is totally black and below the line the picture is normal. It's a Samsung 25" TXE 25346.

Replace tub with shower [ 3 Answers ]

I removed the old tub and exposed the drain pipe. Where the drain pipe comes through the slap there is a 8x8 hole to allow the tub drain pipes to fit. I'm going to install new drain pipes for the tile shower which consist of a 90 coming out of the main drain pipe then 6" to another 90 that will...

Trying to replace a 24 vac transformer [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I need instructions on how to wire the junction box where the 120 vac power, the fan limit, and the blower motor wires all come together. I undid all the wires and got confused on how to put it back together. Here are the facts: 25 year old Rheem gas hot air upright furnace. Three...

View more questions Search