Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joes71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 07:02 PM
    Ask a mechanical engineer a question
    I have 2 wheels and on each I have an 18 tooth sprocket run with a 40 chain. Each wheel and sprocket is connected to a main drive shaft with an 18 tooth double sprocket on it. The sprockets on each wheel are linked to the main drive shaft by a single strand ANSI 40 roller chain. One wheel is located to the right of the drive shaft and the other is located to the left. The chain connecting the right wheel is 20" long and the chain running the left wheel is 25" in length. My question is; will both wheels run together at the same time and speed or will one run slower or fast than the other. I need both wheels to run the same.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 8, 2010, 10:50 AM

Assuming that:

1. The sprockets are driven by the same driveshaft, and
    2. The ratios of the diamater of sprocket on the wheel to the sprocket on the drive shaft is the same for both

Then the wheels will turn at the same rate. The length of the drive chain doesn't matter.
    muki10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2012, 12:00 AM
    Dear Sir,

It would be highly appreciated if you kindly let me know, if there is any term of “ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code Section Viii Division 1 or 2” which make mandatory that the Pressure Vessel Expiry Date (useful life) shall be stamped on the name plate of the vessel.

Actually we have large number of Knock Out Drums (KODs) at one of our natural gas filed. Maximum Working pressure of these KODs (Pressure Vessel) is 700 psi. During the safety and operation audit the auditor team put an observation that there is no expiry date mentioned on the name plate of the vessels.

Note: There is no special or excessive corrosion.

Very Truly Yours,

Muhammad Imran Khan
    sultansss90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2012, 11:06 PM
    Hi
    Could ypu please guide me to the proper way to how to select a bolt and nut?
    Is there a manual or specific strategy?
    Hydros Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2012, 12:42 AM
    If a 50-pound bag of sand was dropped from a height of 4 feet and that same bag was dropped at 8 feet, would the force hitting the ground be the same?

If you had two 25 pound bags of sand, and both were dropped from the same height, but hit the ground just a millisecond apart. Would the total force be different and how?

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get a license as marine engineer for third engineer in U.S.A. Or U.K [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a student in South Korea and I also have Third engineer license for working on a merchant ship in Korea. But I want get a license in U.S.A or U.K. So could you tell me what I have to do for this. I want work in a U.S.A company or U.K one having a license which I will get a...

Marine engineer license for a second engineer [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir or madom What is the Prossure in uptaining an second marine engineer license ,

Mechanical & Electrical Engineer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a assignment but don't know where to find the info. Anybody know please tell me, TQ! For each of the above professions, find out the following: (*the professions I have choose is 'Mechanical & Electrical Engineer') 1. A brief history, background and development of the profession in...

View more questions Search