Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scwchazy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 06:55 PM
    Help for my 20 yr old son who feel life is hopeless
    MY 20 YR OLD SON FEELS HIS LIFE is hopeless. He has a good job (by our standards) but hates the corporate structure. He feels like he'll never get out of debt, he has self esteem issues and food issues (he is very handsome, very muscular, small build) he is very smart.
    He feels like everything he does turns bad. He just had a dui, not gone to court yet. His truck is falling apart and is overwhelmed by his debt (not that much, but huge to him) he traveled in Belize and Guatemala and had his money and camera stolen. He is feeling like life is not going to get any better and had had suicidal thoughts. I don't know how
    I can help him. Any suggestion would be helpful.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2010, 06:59 PM
    Hi, scwchazy!

When is the last time that he was examined and questioned by a physician or other kind of health professional, please?

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 4, 2010, 07:50 PM

First I would say, that far too many people work jobs they hate, because they think they have to earn a large income. They make the mistake when younger, to get deep into debt and then can't change careers.

My advice, first stop spending toomuch money on things you don't have to have, work out a budget to get out of debt completely,

Then decide what he loves to do, and consider changing a career for something that he would or could love,

I left the corporate world many years ago, I make 1/3 of what I used to and most likely a 1/4 of what I would had I stayed in that line of work.
    But went to something I love to do, so going to work is really seldom a chore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I feel like I have no life , alothough I have it all (I think) [ 6 Answers ]

I want to travel , I want to go out meet new people, I want to go shopping . I littrally stayed hoem for the past 2 weeks and am getting really bored , I don't have anything to do I hate reading , and I need a vaction , I love painting but am to lazy to go out and get the things for painting ...

I feel like my life is ruined [ 5 Answers ]

All right I'm new with this and in need of some dire help My girl and I broke up about 3 weeks ago and I'm having a hard time with it. All my friends we happy that she broke up with me cause they thought I wasn't it. But I think differently. I still think I have a chance to get back with her....

Life after heartache - will I feel numb always? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello there, I will summerise my situation - I haven't been on here for a little while but I found this site so useful when I went through the different stages in my break up I thought I would tell you where I am at now. I have been single since July, I was with someone for 3 years and it...

I feel like I screwed up my life. [ 3 Answers ]

I know it sounds bad that I feel this way but I just can't help it. I have been in a relationship with a man for about 4 years now. He has a child who has just turned 8. We have all ways got along fine. Now I have had a baby and it feels like a lot has been taken away from me. The step child's...

Help, I feel as though my life is over [ 1 Answers ]

If someone could please help me, I'm feeling so desperate. On 5/30/05, my fiancé (7/31/78) and I (08/08/77) broke up. We met in October of 04, and became engaged on V-Day of this year. On our first date, I felt he was the 'one'. Never in my life did I feel I a connection the way I did with him. We...

View more questions Search