Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saralynnn2 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 06:46 PM
    Girlfriend bought boyfriend a truck.
    My good friend's ex girlfriend came into a settlement and bought herself a car. My friend traded in his own car and she the rest she paid outright for him for a car also. He has never paid her nor was paying her back ever talked about. The title is in his name. They broke up recently and she is now taking him to civil court to be repaid. What is the most likely outcome?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2010, 07:41 PM

Sounds complicated but since the title is in his name the Judge just might rule against her now trying to get repair for it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 4, 2010, 07:49 PM

Unless she can prove that there was an agreement to repay, she is likely to lose.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 4, 2010, 08:01 PM

He is going to claim ( I assume) that it was a gift, She is going to claim ( against I assume) that it was a loan.

First the documents of the sale of the truck, what does it say,
    Is there any paperwork or even witness to show it was to be paid back. If she was loaning him the money, why did she not have herself listed as lien holder on the title.

So she will have to prove that this was not just a gift
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2010, 06:23 PM

It depends on who the Judge believes - was the settlement so large that she could afford to "gift" people?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend & girlfriend bought a house & broke up later. What's the best thing to do? [ 1 Answers ]

My sister and her boyfriend bough a house last year. However things didn't turn out right with them. My sister found out that her boyfriend has another girl friend. He goes out of town at least 3 x month with an excuse that he'll be working in another branch office, where in fact he's just with her...

I bought a bike and the person I bought from sold it [ 6 Answers ]

I bought 2 dirt bikes the were listed on carig list in ny so I want and saw the bike and agreed that I will give him the full asking price for both which was $650 total of $1300. I paid in cash I get a resit and a bill of sale for both. I told him I was going to get the bikes in couple of weeks...

Does my ex boyfriend like his new girlfriend or me? [ 11 Answers ]

Me and my ex boyfriend broke up 6 months ago. I needed to figure things out about me and our relationship. I dated another guy for 4 months. My ex started dating this girl and has this entire time. Me and my ex have had a few talks and many texts. He told me he could not committ to the new girl but...

Boyfriend just bought a house.not invited [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are both in our early 20s. When we first met, he was living off a savings account and was on the verge of getting kicked out of school. We have been together for three years now and over the three years, I hooked him up with a fantastic job where he now makes 60k a year (as a 24...

View more questions Search