Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reinholt Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 06:27 PM
    1992 honda accord overheating where is thermosat located
    I own a 1992 honda accord, It has an overheating problem, the fans came on and off, then I noticed coolant leaking from top of radiator, So I removed the radiator, I'm going to install a new one, I removed goose neck (where sensor is) but no thermostat, it has an o ring and the attaches to the block, Is this where the thermostat goes? Where is the thermostat located, Thank you, any help will be appreciated, Best Regards, Carl
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2010, 06:33 PM

Yes, that's where the thermostat should be. The previous owner must have removed it, because the car was overheating. It's smart that you are replacing the radiator. Refill with a 50/50 mixture of Zerex G-05 antifreeze (HOAT) and distilled water. This link should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235973

Jan 4, 2010, 06:42 PM

Thank you for your advice, service work, to help people is a great thing no matter,how little or how small you are a special person, be true to thein self and onto others,Happy new Year,best regards,Carl
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2010, 06:53 PM

Thank you.

Be sure to solve the overheating problem, before driving the car. Overheating is the No. 1 cause of blown head gaskets, warped heads, and damaged valves ($2,500+ repair bill), on aluminum head engines.

Jan 4, 2010, 07:45 PM

Thank you , Texas Grease Monkey,You'r help much appreciated,Carl
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2010, 07:53 PM

Keep us posted.

Jan 4, 2010, 08:37 PM

Texas Grease Monkey: I am new to this site.I really didn't know how to navigate correctly, when it prompted me to rate below,nothing said rate,so I hope the feedback got to the right place,by the method I used.Also I believe imformation I saw, was on your site, IT was a list with problems and or trouble shooting Items that looked blue ( Like links ) from A to Z of possible troube shooting methods ( I saw one that listed overheating), and I lost the page,, do you have such imformation on your Texas Grease Monkey spot ,or am I Misstaken and saw this somewhere else? Sorry for the Bagage I'm new to THe Ask Me help desk, Please Advise, Best Regards, Carl

RE : 1992 Honda Accord , thermostat question, that you answered.
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2010, 06:32 AM

Click the link below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...les-46563.html

Jan 5, 2010, 10:49 AM

Hello Tx Grease Monkey: #7 on your list of options was the information I couldn't find T/Y, With Ask me help desk, and your help and advice the repair endeavor is going well, and no snafu or fubar due to lack of knowledge, You are a walking Technical Manual ( T M ) in the old days of Olive Drab!

Respectively Carl, 101st Airborne Division, chopper Mechanic 1974-1977
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2010, 01:12 PM

Glad the information helped. You had you hands full working on choppers, during the Vietnam War.

Jan 5, 2010, 03:35 PM
    I was lucky, I was in the rear, That conflict was a joke, God bless all, involved, thank the central Bank (Federal Reserve) for all wars, see zeitgeist.com, some material great, not the part on Religion.

Best Regards, Carl

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 Honda Accord - overheating [ 10 Answers ]

Thanks to all of you who helped with my daughter's Daewoo. When it rains, it pours. I am now having an overheating problem with my 1992 Honda Accord. My son installed a new thermostat about three weeks ago. (I had been having problems with overheating- the gauge showed this and the fan...

1992 Honda Civic overheating problems [ 3 Answers ]

I own a 1992 honda civic and I have a lot of problems with overheating, I have replaced the radiator twice, thermostat, water pump and replaced hoses, I also ran wiring to a switch so I can constantly have the radiator fan on because it does not kick on when the temp gauge runs high. I put some...

I have a 1992 honda accord and would like to put a 1996 honda accord engine and trans [ 2 Answers ]

I got a 1992 honda accord and would like to put a 1996 honda accord engine and trans in it. Would it be possibly.

1992 honda civic where the main relay located at [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where the main relay for a 1992 honda civic is located at picture would be great if possible and can you tell me if I can test the main relay to see if it good before replace it with a new one thank you.

1992 Accord Overheating [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 1992 Honda Accord. The temperature gauge is showing normal operating temperature. However, it is overheating. Top hose is hotter than bottom hose. Fan running intermittently. Water pump replaced one year ago. No water leaks. What could be causing this? I am single mom, limited...

View more questions Search