Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DDave Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2004, 11:05 AM
    Tub drain
    Top of the day to you Tom! I am just about to finish up with my drain lines. My tub drain will need to make a horizontal run of about 11 feet before I can pick up a vent in a interior wall. Is this distance OK? Should I go to a 2 in. drain leaving the trap? Should I try to install a auto vent just after the trap? If I install a auto vent It will be very difficult for me to get it above the flood line or tub over flow if that is correct term. Thanks Tom. Have a good day. Dave.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 27, 2004, 01:41 PM
    Tub drain
    Hi Dave, I wasn't talking about a auto vent when I said to revent above the flood rim. Install the auto vent just behind the trap on the stubout line. It can not back up even being below the flood rim. I would increase the lavatory line to 2". Better drainage that way. If your tub drain ties into the lavatory drain line you will be vented through the autovent. Keep me informed. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow Bathroom Sink Drain - but Tub and Toilet Drain Fine [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can offer a suggestion to solve my problem. We recently purchased a 60 year old home. The sink in one of our bathrooms drains completely fine until the water has run for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it starts to back up and then drains very slowly. I have...

Replace toilet drain with washing machine drain [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how I would go about taking a toilet drain and turning it into a drain for a washing machine.

Covert washer drain to tub drain? [ 3 Answers ]

My downstairs bathroom used to also be the laundry room, but I have relocated the laundry room. I am looking at adding either a tub or a shower unit to the bathroom. Can I covert the old washer drain into a tub drain? I am trying to avoid digging up concrete.

New sink drain 2" off from existing drain [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry for the dumb novice question, but thanks in advance for the advice. My new lavatory sink's drain is 2" away from lining up with the existing p- trap drain pipe. I REALLY don't want to cut off the whole p-trap drain to install a new one that would fit where I need it (as someone has...

Converting cast iron floor drain to shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

I am adding a bathroom to my basement, which has partial (complete? ) plumbing already roughed into the floor (in 1976). Sewage lift station (vented) is 3 ft from 4" styrofoam plug (toilet), 4 ft from 1 1/2 inch cast male pipe end extending through floor (lav, have already added vertical vent...

View more questions Search