Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hhawkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 05:09 PM
    My furnace heats up for about 15 minutes and then shut off
    I have a Goodman Model# GMP075-3 Serial #9501043865 My furnace heat up for about 15 minutes and then goes out. The HVAC Tech replaced the flame sensor and the auxiliary limit switch and that did not resolve the issue, The Tech says that he checked everything he could think of and the heat exchange may be cracked and I should replace the furnace.

Before replacing the furnace I wanted to know if there may be something else that can be checked that he may have overlooked a new furnace is very costly at this time and if I could possible get it to work for a month or two that would be much better financially for me. Any thought would be greatly appreciated
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 4, 2010, 05:59 PM
    This is a complete Goodman service manual for your furnace as well as a few others. Make sure you are looking at your model numbers info when using it. It is full of trouble shooting charts. This will keep you busy for awhile. The problem you have could be caused by a few different things and this addresses just about all of them.

http://www.hvacpartsshop.com/Gmph075-4%20Series.Pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boiler burners light then shut off immediately, 5 minutes, then repeats [ 4 Answers ]

I have a gas boiler that from a cold start (first calls for heat) it will fire correctly, circulator will start running, and the burners stay lit until the set temp is reached. When the burners shut down the circulator will continue to run for several minutes. What I have noticed however, is that...

Frigidaire Gallery Gas Dryer ignites, heats for about 7 minutes, then gets cold [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire Gallery Gas Dryer that ignites, heats for about 7 minutes, then gets cold. It is model #FDGR849GHSO and has been converted to propane. If I open the door before the initial 7 minutes are up, it will not heat back up when I close the door. I checked the lint trap and the dryer...

Why doe the blower fan shut of every 2 minutes instale a new thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Why does the blower fan shut off every 2 minutes I installed a new thermostat and it still is the same

Force air furnace runs only three minutes before shut down. [ 2 Answers ]

My Lennox elite gas forced air furnace, starts and runs about three to four minutes before shutting down, long before reaching the set thermostat temperature.

Heats only for 30 to 45 minutes. [ 2 Answers ]

The only time I feel heat is when I relight the furnace but it will only work for about 45 minutes then no more heat but the fan would still keep going and blowing cold air. I've had my father-in-law come over and we were both working on it but still the same problem. I'm down to calling an...

View more questions Search