Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mema27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 04:52 PM
    Childen's 1980's animated vhs movie - don't know title
    I am looking for a child's animated movie of the 1980's - 1984. Could be slightly earlier time. My daughter used to watch it all the time when I rented it and then they went out of business when blockbuster hit the scene. I tried to order it from blockbuster ( they had a very large book I could look into) but it turned out that the movie was no longer in production. I don't know the title but know most of the movie. Have been looking for it for years!

There are two sisters one with blond hair the other with black. The blond haired sister was always willing to help with anything, always in a good natured mood. The black haired sister wanted everything to come to her the easy way and not at all good natured. One day the blond helped a young man on a horse. (prince) he gave her a necklace. The other sister wanted it and a struggle ensued and the necklace fell down a well. They both jumped into the well and this is where the fantasy starts.

They find themselves in a strange land. Where the bread needs to come out of the brick ovens and the cows need milking and the babies need to be fed, bathed changed and put to bed etc. all these chores the blond sister is willing to do but she is told "no" the other sister must do them. The babies have a pillow fight singing "we're gonna make it snow" over and over. It starts to snow on earth.

There is more to the story but this should be enough to maybe get an answer to the title or where I may be able to get a copy ( I hope)

I have grand children that I would love to have them watch this. Thanks for all your help. Can you please forward to my email any answers if possible. Thanks
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Jan 4, 2010, 04:56 PM

Once Upon a Time
    mema27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 05:15 PM

Oh my gosh -thank you so much. I think that is it. I recognize the blue dog - when it snows he turns into a blue flower. I have been searching for years! You are good!!
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Jan 4, 2010, 05:24 PM

Glad to help :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Animated movie in the 1980's [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know the title of this animated children's movies either in the 1970's or 1980's. The story line is where these characters are trying to find their friend and go to each month landing on a holiday. They ask the character for the given month if they've seen their friend. Example: January,...

Can anyone tell me the name of this 1980's animated movie? [ 1 Answers ]

This movie was about a prince who falls off his horse. He awakes the find himself in a mushroom circle where each of the mushrooms turns into a fairy. He finds himself in fairyland. And must work his way to a castle in the middle of a lake to fight "the shadow". Along the way he meets witches,...

Title of 1980's/90's Animated children's Film [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my sister have been trying to find this for like 3 years, since we remembered it, and I have had no luck on other forums. There's an elephant, and one day he goes on an adventure. He walks out of his house and bird in a tree (that's wilting) and talks to him. He keeps walking and finds a...

1980's non animated children's movie [ 2 Answers ]

There are these movies I used to watch as a child (I was born in '83) and they were vhs tapes I got from my local grocery store in Rochester NY... it was Wegmans. They were different children's tales... like Rapunzel, Goldilocks and the 3 Bears... I honestly can't remember the specific movies,...

I need to find the title of this movie: half animated 1980's-ish. [ 2 Answers ]

I used to watch this movie as a child but have no idea what it is called: It's about a young boy who flees a house and runs down to the nearby river/lake and jumps in. Once he goes underwater, he becomes a cartoon and all the fish and sea creatures around him are also in cartoon. They can talk...

View more questions Search