Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kiidage Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 02:05 PM
    Canadian law for underage dating in new brunswick 2010
    I'm 17 year old male dating a 15 year old femal who turns 16 on January 22 this month ad I don't turn 18 till may 1st so if I was to move out and live with her and her parents would my dad be able to send me to court for underage dating?
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2010, 02:17 PM

If the law says you have to be a legal adult (18) to date, then you need to wait to date the girl until you are 18. If you don't, yes, you could go to court. Why would you want to put a burden on her parents by moving in with her? That's not exactly the way you will want to go about things with your girlfriend's parents. Also, by cohabitating before marriage, you are increasing your risk of having sexual relations with this girl which for sure IS illegal unless you are an adult, and should be out of the picture until you are ready to start a family. You're also increasing your risk of breaking up. Couples who cohabitate before marriage have more problems within marriage than do couples who don't. They also have a higher risk of breaking up before even reaching marriage. If you want to move out, why don't you find your own apartment, or a relative to stay with?
    kiidage Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 03:04 PM

Well her parents and her talked about it before I did with them they offered me the place and said I'm part of the family in canada the person must be 16 to give consent from what I know but 18 is consider an adult so I was wondering is it illegal for me to be dating her now... I love her a lot but my dad is threatening me if I move out so I wanted to know if he could bring me to curt for something I haven't done (also legal age to move out were I live is 16 + but must have roof over head food and you know basics)
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2010, 09:26 PM

Why is your dad threatening? You are a little young to be living with your boyfriend. Since neither of you are 18 yet, it would be best if you don't touch each other. Any kind of physical contact can come back and bite you if something were to happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Underage dating [ 6 Answers ]

What us the legal age of dating in Indiana?

Underage dating [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 17 year old female dating a 25 year old male. What are the laws preventing us to date and what are the consequenes?

Underage dating [ 23 Answers ]

Okay, so I am 16 years old and my boyfrient is 20. I will be 17 in September and he is turning 21 in may. If we aren't having sex and my parents agree, then is it okay for us to be together? Even though we're over 4 years apart?

Underage dating [ 5 Answers ]

If my boyfriend is almost 18... and I'm almost 13... would we be in trouble for dating?? :confused: :confused:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Dating underage [ 3 Answers ]

Can a 18 yr old date a 15 yr old in GA? :mad:

View more questions Search