Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loveitall09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 01:38 PM
    Is mono contagious before you show symptoms?
    Hi everyone,

So I just got tested for Mono today. If I have it, it is VERY mild. Anyway, I am going to see my boyfriend in 6 days after not seeing him for about 3 weeks. I am excited about this but now I am worried - will I not be able to kiss him when I see him if I have mono? The thing is, I've read the mono is contagious before you show symptoms, even as long as 6 weeks before symptoms appear. That would mean I have already given it to him from kissing him weeks ago. Would that then mean it is safe to kiss him when I see him? I don't want him to get it, obviously but it sounds like he may already have it. Or perhaps he gave it to me!

Is this correct? Thanks!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 4, 2010, 02:03 PM

I would abstain from any initimate contact until you hear from the testing facility. Yes, mono is very contagious.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is periodontal disease contagious? [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend has periodontal disease. I recently noticed that sometimes when I don't floss for a time my gums bleed a little. Is that normal or is this disease contagious? :( My wisdom teeth are now emerging, so there is no pain to them as yet! Could they be the cause of the gum changes? Anyone...

How long am I contagious with mono? [ 3 Answers ]

How long am I contagious with mono? I was diagnosed with it last week but I'm pretty sure I've already had it for two. Last week before I was diagnosed I felt awful and now I think all the physical symptons are gone. Is it okay to kiss in about another week or two. I have a romantic evening...

Is pneumonia contagious? [ 1 Answers ]

Is pneumonia contagious?

How long does it take for an STD to show symptoms [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 39 yo white male, I had unprotected oral with a gal I met at a pub. It lasted about 30 seconds (maybe less) and I puled out because of the instant guilt I felt... Since then I have been paranoid about having contracted something. She says she's clean and I have absolutely nothing to...

Earmites contagious? [ 5 Answers ]

I previously had 2 Lhasa Apsos who had terrible problems with ear mites. They grew really old and had to be put to sleep. I got a my new puppy right before they were put to sleep. They met once, for a brief minute and never touched... (As you probably remember) I've had her around 3 weeks. She's...

View more questions Search