Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lydz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 01:30 PM
    Cleaning bid in Ohio
    I just start a new cleaning service and right now I don't know what to charge them, I'm going by sq foot, tell me if that's a right choice
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 4, 2010, 02:07 PM

Yes, square foot is the right choice depending on what is being cleaned. Is it residential or commercial? In some case hourly rate is appropriate too.

Tick
    lydz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 03:23 PM
    It both.. residential an commercial, I'm thinking about flat rate on residential and sq foot on commercial is that a good idea
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 6, 2010, 09:49 PM

Hourly for residential. However, calculate all your costs and overhead and then add your profit.

Commercial is much more complimented, in my humble opinion.

I usually use several factors as square footage alone leaves you vulnerable to unforeseen problems or situations.

1. Square footage

2. How much time to totally complete the job daily

3. Know your competition and how they usually price their jobs.

4. Post bid interviews with the prospect to determine how your pricing is in relationship to your competitors.

5. From experience... finding where I can be in my pricing to make a decent profit.

I use a computer program that I have put together. In this program I can add all the pertinent information for the project and it spits out a price. I can then do any adjusting that seems necessary. But that alone (as I stated above) will not put bread on your table unless you consider everything. And, keep making your adjustments to stay ahead of the curve as things change constantly.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to bid for cleaning services? [ 5 Answers ]

I just started my business for Cleaning Services in CT. and don't know yet, how to bid for cleaning offices. I need your help to give me ideas how much do I charge for daily clreaning and how do I get the rates for it.

School cleaning bid [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone I have a commercial cleaning company here in Georgia and I am trying to bid on an elementary school that is 111,319 sq ft of floor cleaning service as well as bathrooms and evrythings else. Classroom s stripped and cleaned 1month hallway scrubbed and bunished 3xweek how do I bid

Bid for commercial cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

What is the average rate per square ft. for commercial cleaning?

Cleaning bid [ 3 Answers ]

What is the dollar amount to bid per square foot on a small office building 1000 sq ft

Cleaning Bid [ 4 Answers ]

I need help with a commercial cleaning bid. The apartments are off campus for a large university. There are 64 apts with 4 bdrms and 4 and 1/2 baths in each unit along with kitchen, living room, and dining. They will all be cleaned within a 9 day period. Also keep in mind they were lived in by...

View more questions Search