Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    capmaster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 01:12 PM
    Toilet leaking at base, sweage backing up in tubs
    I have a downstairs toilet leaking at the base. Since this has occur, sewage has starting backing up in tubs and sinks. When the washing machine is running, the toilets start bubbling. Any ideas?
    dmrlook Posts: 134, Reputation: 8

Jan 4, 2010, 01:21 PM

You definitely have a clog somewhere downstream of the downstairs toilet. And I am guessing the tubs and sinks that are backing up are upstream of the downstairs toilet. You could try snaking the line yourself, or perhaps you have a cleanout somewhere that you can snake a garden house down and run water down there to push the clog away. If you go this approach, be careful that when you open the cleanout, you don't get water to drain back on you. If doing stuff like this is outside your comfort zone, then perhaps roto-reuter (spelled wrong I think) is your best bet.

Hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet leaking at the base of toilet [ 2 Answers ]

I need help. My toilet is leaking from the base of the toilet, not consistently, about once per day. We have replaced the wax ring, tighten bolts but still continues to leak. We have even turned off the water valve supply and it is still leaks. What can be the problem?:(

Leaking around base of toilet [ 4 Answers ]

We are having a persistent leak around the base of our toilet. First we replaced the wax ring. Still leaked. Then we replaced it again with a jumbo wax ring. Still leaked. I noticed the porcelain around one of the bolt at the base was cracked so we replaced the whole toilet w/ a brand new set...

Sinks,Tubs Backing up [ 1 Answers ]

What would cause a bathroom sink and tub to back up when using a dishwasher or washing machine? ***We just had the septic tank emptied, thinking that this was the reason, since everything was backing up. Now I did a load of laundry and in the Kitchen Sink made a loud gurgle noise and then a few...

Toilet leaking at the base [ 6 Answers ]

Our toilet is leaking from around the base. We have tightenind the bolts. We have replaced the ring twice in the past 6 months. It seems to be worse. We can't figure this out. Does anyone have any ideas for me? :confused: Also, the flange is sitting above the floor lavel. I wasn't sure if it...

Toilet not flushing, leaking water around base, shower backed up [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, Our toilet would not flush this evening it just filled with water. We spent half an hour trying to use the plunger on it, only to discover that it was pushing all the water from the toilet into the shower standing next to it. We are in an above ground cottage with town water in & septic...

View more questions Search