Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 24, 2010, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tami slater View Post
    where is the crank position sensor located on a 98 pontiac grand am with a 2.4 motor
    Lower front of engine.
    Name:  1a.gif
Views: 3996
Size:  18.2 KB

Viewed from the right front (RF):

Name:  1b.gif
Views: 4390
Size:  19.9 KB

how do I test to find out if it is the anti theft system would that also cause it not to have spark
    Even if you already have the experience to trace an open in the circuits, the list of steps in this diagnosis is far greater than can be posted here.
    If you have the necessary diagnostic tools, you need the manual to diag the security system.
    tami slater Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2010, 03:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich View Post
    Lower front of engine.
    Name:  1a.gif
Views: 3996
Size:  18.2 KB

Viewed from the right front (RF):

Name:  1b.gif
Views: 4390
Size:  19.9 KB

Even if you already have the experience to trace an open in the circuits, the list of steps in this diagnosis is far greater than can be posted here.
    If you have the necessary diagnostic tools, you need the manual to diag the security system.

The crank sensor was unplugged and the wire was split they plugged the sensor in and fixed the wire and the car runs now thank you for all your help
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2010, 03:32 PM

Congratulations! I know this has been a real battle for you.
    tami slater Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2010, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    Congratulations! I know this has been a real battle for you.

Yes it has thank you for your help I really appreciate it the funny thing is they fixed it 2 days after my birthday so that was a great late birthday present

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 Pontiac Grand AM SE1 3.4 v6 won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Pontiac Grand AM SE1 with the 3.4 v6 that won't start. I have replaced the battery, checked the new battery voltage, checked the alternator voltage, and checked the starter relay voltage and all were within normal limits. Looking around it seems that this is a common problem and is...

2001 pontiac grand am 2.4 liter won't start [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 2001 pontiac grand am 4 2.4 liter. I drove it home tonight (about 60 mile drive) and shut it off. Came back out about an hour later and drove it across town and shut it off again. It sat for about 2-3 hours. When I came back out to return home it would crank but not start. Cheacked...

Pontiac Grand Am turns over but want start. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Pontiac Grand am went to start it. It started then shut off now won't start just turns over and won't fire. All codes checked out good don't know what to do next please help.

2001 pontiac grand am won't start totally dead [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have the 2001 pontiac grand am and have continuously had the reset problem and the turn signals don't work all the time. Today, my car would not start at all. There were not lights, nothing. The car was totally dead. My battery is newer. I did have to reset a couple of days ago. Do...

View more questions Search