Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    areliz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 06:05 AM
    Perpetual and periodic.
    Dan has been talking with his CPA. He doesn't understand why he should choose one inventory method over the other. Dan is also confused about perpetual and periodic. Write a memo to Dan explaining the difference between Periodic and Perpetual inventory systems. In addition, explain to Dan the differences between the following inventory methods: FIFO, LIFO, Specific Identification, and Average Cost. Give Dan your opinion on which inventory system he should use (periodic or perpetual) and the inventory method he should use. Back up your opinion/advice with solid accounting reasons. Explain to Dan why the inventory method he chooses will need to remain in effect indefinitely. To put it another way, explain changing inventory methods, can they be changed? What are the requirements to change them?

In your own words, please post a response to the Discussion Board and comment on other postings. You will be graded on the quality of your postings.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 4, 2010, 06:13 AM
    We've done our homework. The rules of the site prohibit us from doing yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inventory Periodic and Perpetual [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between periodic and perpetual inventory systems?

Perpetual or Periodic [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My company is in the retail business of selling watches of a particular brand. We are the sole distributors for our country. We have a centralized warehouse and several showrooms spread across the country. My question is: We have been following the periodic inventory system all these...

Periodic or perpetual [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I want to ask what's better periodic system or perpetual system for accounting invintories?

Periodic and perpetual systems [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Please help, I have a quiz and I don't understand. Journalize the following merchandising transactions for TCI assuming it uses (a) a periodic inventory system and (b) a perpetual inventory system. Prepare journal entries for both periodic and perpetual system. 1. on nov 1, TCI...

View more questions Search