Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcspot Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2010, 09:02 PM
    Boot disk error insert system disk
    When booting computer, the screen goes blank with boot disk error. Please insert system disk

Jan 3, 2010, 09:47 PM

I forgot to say that the computer is a ZT. It says model 5037Z on back. It has Windows Vista. When its turned on, it will show the ZT screen for a few seconds and then the screen goes black and says boot disk error. Insert system disk. It did not come with any disks. I purchased it last Christmas. I can go to the bios setup but not sure how to check if the hard drive is OK or whatnot. Please help if you can. Thabk You so much.

Jan 3, 2010, 09:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dcspot View Post
    when booting computer, the screen goes blank with boot disk error. please insert system disk
    I added a reply with more info because I am new at this.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2010, 07:45 AM

The problem could be one of many, hard drive failure or corruption, deleted partition table, or even a blank hard drive. By what you posted, all I can say for sure, is that the hard drive is not getting the information it needs to the motherboard. (There are a few other remote possibilities, but we'll settle here.)

Smart thinking, the first step would to check the hardware connection. You do need to go into the bios and see if you can find the hard drive.

Sometimes you can find it under General, or Advanced. It may be listed as Disk Drive, or Hard Drive, or HDD, Sata Drive...

Most computers will list 2 or more, and only one will have manufactures info. If They are all disabled, then switch them all to automatic.

Post what you find...
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2010, 09:22 AM

Do you possibly have a cd in the drive and the laptop is set to boot to cd rom, just check to make sure though.

Any chance still in warranty?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

"Please insert disk" error [ 0 Answers ]

Atunci cind introduc flashul in calculatoe imi zice"please insert the disk" ce sa fac in cazul asta?

Error message "insert disk" [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, hoping someone can help. Computer has both cd & dvd drives. If I insert a music cd, it is read by both drives, so they seem to read OK, but as soon as I insert a cd-rw I get the message 'please insert disk' on both the cd and dvd writers. I am using a Verbatim CD_RW 4x disk and if I use it on...

Drive not ready. Insert boot disk into drive A: [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently trying to upgrade from windows 98 to windows xp. I have upgraded the RAM to 256. When I reboot I get "Drive not ready.. Insert Boot Disk into Drive A:". I have gone into the BIOS and have changed the boot sequence to boot first from the hard drive then the cd rom. It still...

Corrupted boot sector or partition table in non system disk [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I had a non-system disk installed on my computer, NTFS formatted, ~75 GB. I had to disconnect it, and then when I reconnected it, it was not recognized. After fiddling around with the computer management console, it finally recognized it, but through my efforts, I seem to have corrupted...

External HDD Error "Insert A Disk Into Drive" [ 1 Answers ]

I have a WD HDD installed into an external case. When I plug it into a USB port, a drive letter appears in "System Hardware", and it says the driver is OK and the device is working properly. It even gives me the model number of the WD drive! Driver Agent even confirms that the driver is OK. ...

View more questions Search