Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VICTORSAM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2010, 07:28 PM
    Jacobsen snowblower
    Hi,
    I have a leak gas coming from the caburator . I even opened one side and cleaned the needle / washer with the spray cleaner. It helped stopping leak. When I tilted the machine it stopped leak completely. Can anyone help ?
    eyecue Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Jan 3, 2010, 07:59 PM

Sounds like the float is set wrong or it is too heavy.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jan 4, 2010, 08:47 AM

Hi,
    My guess is you have a Tecumseh engine and you can obtain a free manual at:
    Tecumseh Small Engine Specifications
    And scrolling down to "L-Head Service Information" for the repair manual.
    A manual for the rest of the machine may not be possible(impossible without model number) because part of the company became part of Homelite years ago and part remained with Textron. Mostly neither makes snowthrowers any longer.
    I agree with the first answer, somewhat, and would see if the bottom of the float looks crushed; that would indicate the need for replacement.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a Jacobsen Imperial 26 snow blower stops moving forward in any speed. [ 2 Answers ]

Last winter I noticed my Jacobsen Imperial 26 snow blower would stop moving forward occasionally. If I put it reverse and backed up a bit and then put it in a forward gear it would go for a time and then do it again. Over the summer I cleaned the rubber band and the disk that drives it. I ran it on...

Snowblower [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have an older ariens snowblower I think md 924 around 1974 8hp 24". It runs great but after about 20 min into blowing drive it started to stall when I put it in gear and then it died. I tried to restart with elect.and pull It took several tries but then started and ran great again,but...

Jacobsen snow blower won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older Jacobsen Snowblitz 20 snow blower. Worked OK last year and I ran all the gas out at the end of the year. Filled it up and went to start it today and it started and died and now will not come back... I cleaned the spark plug a bit, since I didn't have a new one and that didn't...

Snowblower [ 3 Answers ]

826 toro snowblower drive was working now stopped??

Old snowblower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Toro 826 used snowblower that was given to me. I cannot start it. I bought a new spark plug, filled the gas tank, even put a little bit of gas where the spark plug goes. I still can not start it. Can someone please help me?

View more questions Search