Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wendalfly Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2010, 07:15 PM
    I have a chrysler lhs 1995 it sounds like it will start but will not turn over temp20
    I have a chrysler lhs 1995 it sounds like it will start , but will not turn over the temp outside is under 20. This is the second time this has happened. The last time the car sat for 1 week and then just started up. It has ran fine for 1 month. When this happened both times there was no warning started fine night before wake up next day then nothing.
    jillrenee15 Posts: 103, Reputation: 11

Jan 3, 2010, 07:51 PM

How old is the battery? They are fickle when it's really cold out. My husbands semi absolutely refused to start today, it was 7 and has been that cold for 3 days. After several attempts at jumping the batteries, plugging the block heater in (the fuse blew at work) it finally turned over. Is the gas tank full? When you are low on gas sometimes it can condensate in the head space of the tank, fouling up the fuel. Once you do get it started, does the alternator take over and charge the battery fulliy the rest of the way? Just buy a new battery, that might be the easiest solution.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2010, 08:07 PM

Like jillrenee15, I suggest either removing and fully charging the battery or replacing it. Most auto parts stores will test and charge batteries for free. Really cold temperatures are very hard on batteries. Also, start using 5W-30 full-synthetic engine oil. Cars start much easier in cold weather with synthetics and it's easier on the battery and starter motor.
    wendalfly Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2010, 08:11 PM

I do not know how old the battery is someone replaced it from a resale place. The gas tank is full. We did try to jump the car and that did not work. Sounds like we might have to replace the battery. We'll try it thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

96 Chrysler Concorde 3.3L won't start warm [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 1996 Chrysler Concorde 3.3L That once it is warmed up if you let it sit for a half hour or longer won't start unless you hold the key down let it crank for a while and press the gas pedal. It starts fine cold. I have replaced the plugs and wires and cleaned the throttle body and Idle Air...

1995 nissan altima wipers will not turn off [ 1 Answers ]

Wipers will not turn off--washer fluid motor running continually--took power connector off washer motor yet wipers are still running--Please help!!

1995 Civic EX 1.6 no start [ 5 Answers ]

Well this is getting expensive so need some other opinions. No start on my 1995 Honda Civic. Did check a few things recently and replaced a few also. All fuses check OK. Has no spark... Timing belt is in time and the valve all move as well as the rotor. Had seen in prior posts ignitor...

Water heater start sounds like machine gun [ 5 Answers ]

I've got a power vent gas water heater that has operated perfectly for several years but lately been unable to start/stop without a racket. The problem seems to occur when there are multiple short uses for hot water, i.e. weekends. The vent fan comes on and off rapidly and the solenoid clicks...

1995 civic ex won't start [ 3 Answers ]

Please help. My VTEC 1995 civic cranks, but won't start. I just had the fuel pump, filter and spark plugs changed. I consulted a mechanic and he told me to remove the sparks and put a table spoon of motor oil inside (where the plugs used to be)! Then he said I should put back the spark plugs and...

View more questions Search