Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dummy8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2010, 01:56 PM
    Why the hot water supply decrease
    We have a two year old house. The hot water supply was OK before. I started to notice that the upstair master bathroom shower deliver less water about 2 or 3 weeks ago, but not so noticeable. At least my husband didn't notice the difference. Last week we went to a 1 week vacation. When we came back we noticed the difference right away when we took the shower. We had to turn the shower faucet to the hottest point in order to take a shower. Not mention it's impossible to use 2 shower head at the same time. Before we went to vacation we just left the water temperature to the normal setting, which is between the hot and middle. Don't know if this had something to do with the problem. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 3, 2010, 06:24 PM

How well does the hot water work on your other fixtures. If the shower is the only problem fixture I'd inspect the hot inlet on the shower mixing valve, look for debris

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water coming from cold side tap even though hot water supply shut off [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I been having problem for past year now hot water comes from the cold side tap, I only have 1 tap that shares water hot and cold the other 2 I have are 2 separate hot cold and 2 are just cold taps now I have even shut the cold water supply to the hot water tank off, but yet when I run the...

Where is a good location for a hot water tank on the main water supply line [ 3 Answers ]

I have moved my hot water tank to a new location in the basement. The new location is closer to the main water line. The best way for me to describe it is; from the street to my house to the water meter and from the water meter I have 7ft. Of 3/4" pipe. I want to run a 1/2" pipe to my hot water...

Shutting off hot water heater and main water supply [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased a cabin that has well water and a hot water heater that is run off the oil furnace. I shut off the well tank when I left but forgot to shut off the hot water heater. Does anyone know if I can damage the heater by having the main water shut off and leaving the water heater on?

Sudden decrease Hot Water Pressure [ 4 Answers ]

We have a 3 year old home with copper plumbing. We had no problems until we recently installed a mud room with a sink. We suddenly lost hot water pressure at the kitchen sink. All the other faucets throughout the house have pressure, and the cold water pressure at the kitchen sink is fine and...

Can I shut off water supply to leaking hot water tank? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I shut off water supply to leaking hot water tank?

View more questions Search