Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slowpoke102 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2010, 01:37 PM
    How to add insulation to existing catherdral ceiling with no insulation now
    We are removing to popcorn from to ceiling and found that no insulation was ever add. We have two skylights windows and recest lighting also in this ceiling. We stopped everything until we can find out which way to go. What is the best wayto to this. What other information do you need from me. We do need to add some kind of insulation.
    Need help please. Joyce
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 3, 2010, 06:35 PM

How large is the cavity between the existing ceiling and the underside of the roof? Are there soffit vents and/or ridge vents?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cathedral ceiling insulation [ 3 Answers ]

G'day: I am winterizing our cottage and wish to preserve the interior appearance of the ceiling. Since our cedar shake roof is in need of replacement we are considering applying the insulation to the exterior prior to installing the new roofing material. I assume I will have to toenail new 2x4's or...

Adding insulation to existing cathedral ceiling [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have a cathedral ceiling with R-19 insulation plus a radiant barrier draped over the rafters. I would like to upgrade this to R-30, but this is a finished house. The only way I can think of adding insulation would be to either tear down all the ceilings, or take off all the shingles...

Adding insulation to existing in crawlspace [ 18 Answers ]

I just bought an old house that has thin insulation between the 2x6 joists in the crawlspace. Can I just install new batts over the old or do I have to start over? Since the old has kraft paper against the subfloor above, do I use batts with no kraft paper? Is there such an animal? Thanks!

Ceiling Insulation [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to safely add insulation and "create" a raw wood look with laminate planks to a vaulted ceiling?

Adding insulation to existing 2nd story room [ 3 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Hope someone can help! A second story room is MUCH colder in winter and MUCH warmer in summer - was finished out after we bought the home... have had the duct worked checked out and is OK and the attic insulation is acceptable I am thinking that...

View more questions Search