Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dree23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2010, 12:20 PM
    Skin care forums
    Psoriasis Effect on the Quality of Life:

Psoriasis is a disease whose main symptom is gray or silvery flaky patches on the skin which are red and inflamed underneath. In the United States, it affects 2 to 2.6 percent of the population, or between 5.8 and 7.5 million people. Commonly affected areas include the scalp, elbows, knees, arms, stomach and back. Psoriasis is autoimmune in origin, and is not contagious. Around a quarter of people with psoriasis also suffer from psoriatic arthritis, which is similar to rheumatoid arthritis in its effects. Psoriasis was first given that name in complete differentiation from other skin conditions by the Austrian dermatologist Ferdinand von Hebra in 1841, although there are what are believed to be descriptions of the disease in sources going back to ancient Roman and possibly even biblical times.

http://www.supercareproducts.com
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2010, 12:31 PM

Do you have a question?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What skin care product for acne prone skin? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 24 year old female and have been bothered by acne for more than 10 years. I get small pimples easily all over my face and my pores are big. I have very sensitive skin and I get pimples when I'm stressed or during weather change ( as I've moved from a tropical country to a dry country-...

My skin breaks-out despite skin care! [ 2 Answers ]

I have oily skin with visible pores on cheeks, chin and nose. If I apply any cream/moisturizer I end up getting break-outs. And if I don't I feel dry on the skin! So for the last 10 days, I have been massaging my face with a paste of papaya, lemon juice and honey for 5 minutes, leaving it on for 15...

Skin Care [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a sister that for many years I notice that her neck was really dark. I asked her why and to acted liked she was a shamed and I didn't wan't her to feel that way but I wanted to know. She came out and told me that she never really took care of her skin and that it was dirt that was...

View more questions Search