Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plujos01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2010, 09:04 AM
    Removing a ceiling fan load bearing canopy stuck in place
    I'm attempting to replace a hunter type 3 ceiling fan model # 25826. The canopy is load bearing and will not release from the mounting bracket in the ceiling. Can't rotate clockwise or counter-closkwise. Motor housing and assembly have been removed.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2010, 02:36 AM

Have you removed all the screws on the canopy?
    plujos01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2010, 08:31 AM
    Yes.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2010, 12:06 PM

My guess is it is just stuck and will require some force, if you have removed all three screws.

Pictures would help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Someone was asking about a larger replacement canopy for their ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

Because the remote receiver wouldn't fit inside their fan's canopy? I told them that most canopies are the same size including the replacements, which is true. However I just spotted this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6038590223 Which is a receiver that mounts OUTSIDE...

Oversize canopy for a ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing a 52" Hampton Bay ceiling fan in my bedroom that has a vaulted ceiling with a 45 degree pitch. The canopy that came with the fan does not have enough room for the downrod and ball to angle correctly. Any suggestion? Thanks

Removing load bearing wall [ 1 Answers ]

What size header will I need to replace a wall that is in basement, one floor above, span is 10' 0"? Wall is load bearing.

Hampton bay ceiling fan canopy [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a ceiling fan in one of my bedrooms. The problem is I am trying to replace a Hampton Bay ceiling fan and I cannot get the canopy down. There are no exposed screws on the canopy. There is a decorative ring around the top of the canopy that doesn't seem to be attached to the...

View more questions Search