Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CH20 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2006, 03:28 PM
    Am I pregnant?
    Hi,

Im new to this site but I thought it's worth the try. O.k I had my period 2 weeks ago, my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 3 months now... and well Ive been feeling sick all day, back hurts, I've been cramping lightly and moody. Also everyonce in a while I get pains in my stomach during sex like a tightening sharp pain. I'm not suppose to start my period for another 2 weeks... could I be pregnant?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 15, 2006, 03:31 PM
    Well, too many factors left out. What is your age? Were you, or have you been on any kind of birth control? If so, what kind? Under any kind of stress?

It is possible, though, but most likely too early for pregnancy symptoms.
    Expert

Nov 17, 2006, 10:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CH20
    Dear J_9,

Sorry, your right. Not enough info. I was at work while typing that and was rushing. O.k... Well im 20 years old my husband is 23. We married on May 13, 2006. I was on birthcontrol till september.. I went and got a check up at my obgyn on the 31 of october everything was A ok. My last cycle was oct 22-29 everything went normal. Then on the beginning of this week I have lost my food appitite, Ive felt so worn out like drained of energy and im getting 8 hours of sleep or more during the nite. Ive been very sick off and on and that comes will dizziness.... It usually begans at noon and ends at out 7pm, ive noticed some tightening in my stomach followed will wired movements I have not noticed before.... but that could just be my head wondering if im pregnant because i know how when you think about it so much your body can begin symptoms. my breast are tender at times like a stinging feeling and im getting stretch marks on them as well. my back and upper legs kill me all day long. on the 15th I cramped all day in waves.. My stomache was so tender. the night before my husband and I tried intercourse but it was so painful I had to stop and kind of movement my stomache would tighten up and send a starp pain to my belly button. well thats about it..... see the only thing that makes me think there is not way is i just had my period 2 1/2 weeks ago..... is that possible? I mean i went on the internet and did a ovulation calender Im still new to all this stuff because now we are trying so im trying learn as much as i can. and well my most firtal day was the ll and we had sex on that day.... so i quess any imput would help... thanks....
    While it is possible, and if you are, it is WAY too early for some of the symptoms you are describing. Feelings of fluttering, probably not. Some women do feel this but it is usually not felt in the first pregnancy (it does happen though) but still not this early.

Stretch marks usually do not appear until you at least start showing, if you are pregnant.

You are only off the pill for a little over 2 months, while it is possible to get pregnant that soon, it is not that way for many women. I actually got pregnant on the pill, twice, so it does happen.

Stress could be causing many of these symptoms. You could have stressed your body into thinking it is pregnant.

Try taking an HPT and let me know.

Nov 17, 2006, 03:25 PM
    Do you think it is to early to do a hpt? Or will it show? Thanks
    Expert

Nov 17, 2006, 03:35 PM
    Yes, most likely it is too early for it to show up.

These could also be combination symptoms. You could be having premenstrual symptoms along with a cold or flu beginning.

The combination of these two can cause this sort of thing to happen. If you do not get your period in the next week, then you should test.
    dbek Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Nov 17, 2006, 11:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CH20
    Hi,

Im new to this site but i thought it's worth the try. O.k i had my period 2 weeks ago, my husband and i have been trying to get pregnant for 3 months now.... and well Ive been feeling sick all day, back hurts, ive been cramping lightly and moody. also everyonce in a while i get pains in my stomach during sex like a tightening sharp pain. im not suppose to start my period for another 2 weeks... could i be pregnant?
    You might be, but you also maybe wishing it so bad that you feel symptoms. Might be hormones doing it.

Nov 20, 2006, 08:57 PM
    Yep... It's 50/50 So Ive have not been thinking about it as much.. Like If I begin to think about it I read a book or whatch a movie... Iv'e called my Obgyn and she told me what you just said, and if I don't start my period this week to take a test... So that's what I'm going to do... Ill let everyone know! Thanks for all the thought though!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could I be Pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

Okay, so here is my deal. I am 24 years old. I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old and had my tubes clamped about 2 1/2 years ago. I am about 1 week late on starting and it has been on time ever since my tubal and my breasts are swollen and very painful at times and just a little bit painful at...

Am I Pregnant [ 32 Answers ]

Hi I Am 23, And Its Only 7 Months I Have Been Married ,from 2 Months We Have Decide To Have A Baby And I Had My Periods(normal) On 21st Of August. Tell Me What Would Be My Situation Please Ok I Have My Tummy Swollen , I Feel My Breasts Are Soft And Tender ,feel Like Vomitting To Irritated To...

Could I still be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

My period is never on 'time'. Last month I missed my period but I did have brown discharge for about 4 days. The beginning of this month (the 4th) I started having darker discharge this time, more red and now its like a period but very light. Usually my cycles start very heavy and then tapper down...

Am I pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 27 years old and have two children. My husband and I have been trying for over a year to have a child. I came off the depo in 06/05. My periods have been VERY regular since I came off the shot. I had my LMP on 7/7/06 and haven't had one since. My breasts have swolllen and sometimes ache but...

Am I Pregnant? [ 6 Answers ]

I have this weird thing going on with me. My periods were coming during the first week of the month and then I missed 3 at the beginning of May, June, and July. I had one at the end of July on the 31st and it lasted until like the 3rd of August. Now it's the 2nd of September and no...

View more questions Search