Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michellevalley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2010, 04:58 AM
    Custody how to prove that a child is a resident in nh and not in another state
    My son and girlfriend have a daughter together she left the state of nh, went to ma,with his daughter and has filed for full custody in ma.he filed in nh. For joint custody she filed one day before him, my granddaughter has lived in nh for three years and in both states for about 6 months with shared custody with no orders the paper work from ma,got processed first what can we do to have the custody hearing in nh,in stead of ma? Thank you.michelle
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 3, 2010, 06:04 AM

What you need to determine is the residency requirement for MA. If she has been there long enough to establish residency, then MA will probably have jurisdiction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Custody Across State Lines [ 7 Answers ]

Please bear with me, this is a complex question: I was served yesterday with a summons stating that my ex husband is suing for custody of our two sons, ages 8 & 10. I have no money for an attorney and legal aid services are difficult to come by. My ex, however, married an attorney when we...

Child Custody Across State lines [ 8 Answers ]

I have never been married to my Daughters mother, Our child is 12months old now and we have no custody agreement through the courts. I would like to start custody and visitation arrangements along with child support, I get my daughter every once in a while, but not as much as I like. I am moving to...

Child custody in different state [ 1 Answers ]

I currently live in Florida and am a divorced non-custodial father. I am planning on moving to pa (have to for job reasons) in the summer. My 2 kids are going to come with me when I move and then move back at the end of the summer. The kids are 8 & 11. My oldest wants to move with me for good but...

Child custody - moving to another state [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 15 and she and her mother are moving to another state. She has never lived with me and I saw her only 4 hours a week. Do I have legal recourse to have her spend extended time with me? Can I prevent the move? At 15, 16 in May 2007, does she have the right to decide>

Child custody... Can she leave the state [ 5 Answers ]

I had posted on here a couple of weeks ago about how my wife is talking with an ex and considering leaving me. She hasn't left yet, but its something we fight about everyday. I just have 1 simple question. Lets assume we divorce and she gets custody of our daughter. If she were to move to...

View more questions Search