Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2010, 04:17 AM
    Obama declares war
    During yesterday's radio address the President declared that we are engaged in a "War on a Far-Reaching Network of Violence and Hatred" (WFNVH). The President admitted that we have been fighting in the Yemen front of this WFNVH ;but will ask Congress to add additional funding for the WFNVH .Of his efforts,he reassured us that he is "doing everything in my power..." (now watch this drive... fore! ) .
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...d-security-ame
    He told us this 96 hrs. after the fact that Al Qaeda ran the operation by martyr wanna-be Abdulmutallab (alleged bomber... lone wolf... isolated extremist... is he now an enemy combatant ?) who tried to blow up a plane over Detroit on Christmas day.He still has not however connected the dots... Fort Hood terrorists Major Hasan's contact al-Awalki who also trained Abdulmutallab for his mission. So the President has a ways to go yet in his evolution from this notion that these are isolated law enforcement events.

On a disturbing note... This week British hostage Peter Moore was released by a militia in Iraq loyal to the Mahdi-hatter .Moore was kidnapped in an operation mastermind in Iran(a nation POTUS once described as "a small, weak country");and there are reports that Moore spent some of his captivity in Iran.

In exchange ;Qays Khazali ;a leader of Asa'ib ahl al Haq or "The League of the Righteous" and several of his cohorts were released. This is the same group;directed by the Iranian Qods force that on January 20, 2007, with American-looking uniforms, vehicles and identification cards ;penetrated the Karbala Provincial Joint Coordination Center and attacked a meeting of U.S. and Iraqi officials, killing five U.S. soldiers and wounding three.They are group that broke away from Muqtada al Sadr's Mahdi Army after Sadr announced he would disband the Mahdi Army .They receive funding, training, weapons, and direction from the Qods Force.

Officially they were released as part of the reconcilliation process in Iraq. But it is clear that the release of Moore was the quid pro quo ;and it may have something to do with the rising tensions between Iraq and Iran.
    This was a political decision that I am sure the US military objected to . Here we have our special forces facing court marshall and tribunal over slapping a combatant at the same time we are releasing a man who is directly responsible for multiple Iraqi and US troop killings. They also killed fellow hostages of Moore.

Question ,is this also part of the new Obama doctrine ?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 3, 2010, 05:07 AM

But is this the "right" war that "we need to win?"

What gets me is that everyone seems to think that all these campaigns are separate "wars." Aren't we fighting the same people, just in different places?
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2010, 05:33 AM
    Aren't we fighting the same people, just in different places?
    Indeed it is as you say. Yemen has been a front in this war since at least the 2000 Cole attack and the attack of theFrench tanker Limbourg. It quited down when Jamal al- Badawi, Fawaz al-Rabihi and Abu Assem al-Ahdal ,the masterminds of those attacks were captured . But in Feb.2006 they and some fellow jihadists tunneled out of captivity .They were joined by a fellow jihadists who was released from GITMO ;Said Ali al-Shihri .Since then jihadistan has set up it's base of operations in an area of the country not controlled by the central government.
    Since then the jihadists attacked two oil installations ;Spanish tourists killing 8 and 2 Yemeni citizens.Sept.2008 they attacked the US embassy in a failed commando /bombing attempt that killed 16 people ;and they failed at an attempt to assassinate the Saudi Interior Minister... and the Fort Hood and Christmas day attacks.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 3, 2010, 08:14 AM

So how long do you think it will take President "Hope and Change" to figure out he has to attack these terrorists, not arrest them?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2010, 09:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Obama declares war
    Hello again, tom:

The only one surprised about the above is YOU. You guys should stop believing your own propaganda.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2010, 10:15 AM
    Really ? Was Abdulmutallab held as the illegal enemy combattant he is or is he held as the "alleged " attacker ? Don't answer that I know the answer already because the President reassured us that he had been charged . Whoopeee . Full Miranda ! He has the right to silence and silent he will be as we attempt to find out who else was involved... who trained, instructed, armed and sent him.

So let me get this straight . If Abdulmutallab is in camp in Yemen then we can off him with a predator or cruise missile strike with or without a court order because we are at war .But if he actually makes an attempt to kill Americans he is a criminal with all the due process involved including judicial permission to take a dna sample . Is that about right ?
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2010, 10:28 AM
    Full Miranda ! He has the right to silence and silent he will be as we attempt to find out who else was involved....who trained, instructed, armed and sent him.
    Hello again, tom:

You're wrong on two fronts.. (1) that Miranda rights mean the FBI can't get information, and (2) that torture would.

You still are obsessed with the notion that these rights are somehow get out of jail free cards, and/or they mean the cops can't get information out of these people... Yet, you fail to explain how we became the worlds largest jailer, and every one of those convicts have their Miranda rights. And, even with those rights, most of 'em gave up everything their interrogators wanted to know.

Secondarily, even if torture works, it's an anathema to our way of life. It's UN American, illegal, UN patriotic, and those who ordered it or indulge in it are scumbags.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2010, 10:45 AM

Did I say torture him ? He is a foreigner who attacked the country... sent by AQ ,a nationless organization that declared war on the country... the equivalent of pirates. Pirates were and are subject to military justice... not criminal justice.

Like I said ;it's either or. Either we are at war or we aren't .It's not sometimes it's OK to wage war... but if they are captured suddenly it is no longer a military matter.
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2010, 10:51 AM
    Like I said ;it's either or. Either we are at war or we aren't .It's not sometimes it's ok to wage war... but if they are captured suddenly it is no longer a military matter.
    Hello again, tom:

If you can show me your post where you were so outraged at the dufus for treating the shoe bomber as a criminal, then I'll indulge you...

But, you were FOR it before you were AGAINST it. I understand...

excon
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2010, 02:28 PM

Nope don't think I'll find one since I wasn't a
    Amhd member in 2001 . But I have been consistent on this issue including when the 20th hijacker was tried and all the rediculus interferences by the judiciary .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My comment on Obama keeping the war going [ 12 Answers ]

When I brought up how Obama is going to increase and even make new taxes to pay for more government programs the look at how much Republicans pay for the war came up Which usually is the reply. I said that Obama was going to find a way to keep the war going and just disquise it to look like...

Would JFK have opposed going to war against Iraq as Obama has? [ 28 Answers ]

Or do you believe that George W. Bush is more like JFK? I find it strange that CAROLINE KENNEDY would write something like this- Barack Obama is a President “Like My Father.” http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/27/opinion/27kennedy.html?_r=1&th=&emc=th&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin

Will collectors go after ex wife if husband declares bankruptcy? [ 2 Answers ]

She has a car that is financed in his name and numerous bills in his name as well as hers. Will they continue to go after her after my husband decalres bankruptcy?

View more questions Search