Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrmanns2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2010, 02:00 AM
    Hooked up the wrong thermostat now no power with the right one
    I hooked up a programmable thermostat that was not compatible to my unit I have a heating pump and after I realized that I unhooked it and put my old one back in and now I have no power from my unit fan nor heat my wife is upset please some one help me were cold as well...
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 3, 2010, 03:57 AM
    You are in deep trouble now. You have angered SHE who must be obeyed.

It is a possibility you blew a small fuse that is usually located on the circuit board inside the furnace. This can happed especially if you failed to turn off the power while changing thermostats. If you did that replace ONLY with the same type and rate.
    OR

You failed to hook up the wiring to the thermostat as it was removed originally. I hope you labeled all the wires so you know exactly which terminal they go back to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No power to thermostat [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, I was trying to replace my old stat with a new programmble one. I had turned off the furnace before installing new one. But the new one didn't work and so, I put the old one back on. But the old one does not power now and display on the old stat does not come up. Can any one help me here...

No power to my thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

There is no power to my thermostat. I put batteries in it which turned the display back on but the airhandler is not reacting to the heat settings. Ive checked the breaker box and everything looks normal, any ideas?

No power to thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

I have an Armstrong heater with no power to thermostat. Could this be an easy fix?

Thermostat power not on [ 1 Answers ]

Our electricity went off at one house and it has recently turned back on. Now the thermostat won't turn on, it doesn't show any power. We don't have any tripped circuits. We have a Trane xe1000.:confused:

I need to know what one of the letters on the thermostat need to be hooked up just to [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to hook up my thermostat and I have had the hardest time I had my brother here to hook it up and bless his heart as much as he thinks he knows he does not know how to make the unit run properly because he has some wired confused so I looked at it myself last night and unhooked...

View more questions Search