Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jvankooten Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 10:36 PM
    Intertherm furnace troubleshooting
    Having problems with our intertherm lp furnace. It runs for a while and then it kicks out the high limit reset on the purge blower fan. Then we shut the furnace off and reset the high limit switch button on, and it comes on again. We currently have the thermostat set at 67, if we increase the temperature it will not stay running at all.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 10:53 PM
    The high limit is activating for a reason. Could be a restricted flue/exhaust pipe goping to the outside. It could be a weak limit control. What is the exact model number of the unit?
    vckiroby Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2011, 09:39 AM
    Cooling works not heating

Sep 26, 2011, 09:40 AM
    Intertherm

Sep 26, 2011, 02:05 PM
    I put new thermostat on the cool works but not the heat
    dantorres Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2012, 07:15 PM
    Furnace will not stay lit
    Rolwerks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 02:53 PM
    I just worked on a M3RL Gas Intertherm furnace and I determined that the venting was out the roof but the exhaust was not the 12" of required vertical separation. So what was happening at certain times the exhaust was being sucked back into the intake which will give a pressure indifferance. I simply extended the exhaust a little higher than the intake and now it works fine.

Jeff from Rolwerks Heating & Cooling
    timber49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2012, 09:12 AM
    Intertherm oil furnace, blower will turn on and off for no reason. Some times turns right back off and some times runs for 30 seconds or so.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 29, 2012, 01:45 PM
    Blower fan control defective OR out of proper adjustment. The residual heat is causing the blower to activate after the cycle is over.
    bbqman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2012, 12:18 PM
    Sometimes the inside unit of my heat pump will start to cut off and cut on real quick. It knocks so hard it jars the floor. Every once and a while the inside unit will cut off and the outside unit will still be on.
    johndalhaus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2013, 06:18 PM
    "I just want it fixed"
    My Intertherm furnace was installed about 12 years ago. Since then it has failed 3 to 5 times each heating season. It's always the same problem, limit switches. Usually the problem can be resolved by pressing the button on the limit switch. But the limit switches quickly fail, and have to be replaced. My dealer failed to provide me with spare switches as I requested. We have spent thousands of $$ on service calls and dealer- suggested solutions, including a thorough cleaning, and upgrade of the exhaust system. I wrote to Intertherm, but did not get a response. I will never by an Intertherm product, or any other product from the dealer who sold it to me again.
    jose 0428 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2013, 01:09 PM
    Code for ignition failure but igniter is good hear system going through it progression but no ignition

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm furnace e2eb-017hb runs briefly, shuts off, then furnace just clicks [ 3 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm furnace, e2eb-017hb. It comes on briefly, blows warm air, then shuts off, and a clicking sound comes from the coil contacts area. I have tested the t-stat, and also replaced a coil contact, thinking that was the problem. I would appreciate any help on what to do next.

Intertherm furnace [ 7 Answers ]

My intertherm furnace comes on but, sometimes it will shut off and sometimes it stays on until I have to turn the breakers off. What do you think is wrong? Thanks

Intertherm MAC 2460 troubleshooting [ 5 Answers ]

I have the above electric furnace and I need some help troubleshooting it. I was able to make the unit work by jumpering a couple of the wires. I know this is not safe but so was freezing and I didn't leave it unattended. I have a meter and I have 240 volts to and out of breakers and to most of...

My intertherm furnace pilot lights but furnace won't kick on [ 5 Answers ]

I need some diagnostic help. We have a full propane tank. A new burner plate (last year) and the blower works. We light the pilot but the knob should pop up after one minute thus lighting the furnace. It won't pop up. What part should we replace? The furnace is a 17 year old Intertherm MGH...

View more questions Search