Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    help me1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 08:10 PM
    Income help after an injury
    I fell on the ice and broke my leg. Now I can not go to work. Can you tell me what programs are out to help me with my bill until I can get back to work?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 08:20 PM

First what nation do you live in ?

Do you have any disability insurance from your job ( I assume not)

You can and should talk to the case worker for welfare, talk to the religious group that you may belong to.

Check with many of the local non profits that may have help with food, or one month rent or utilities.

Ask your utility company if there is help, if you rent, esp larger apartments, ask them where assistance may be avialable
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2010, 10:23 PM
    Hi, help me1!

If you're in the U.S. there might be a community action type of agency that could help with certain types of bills.

Around where I live, we have what's called Project Now. Below, is the link to them.

Project NOW

If you contact them, they might know of a similar agency around where you live.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jaw Injury [ 1 Answers ]

I was at a I-Hop restaurant in my town when I bit down into my food it had a piece of food where the chef had cook if until it burned. It was about the size of a quarter and when I bit down my jaw pop. The pain got so bad I ended up in the ER with it. I cound'nt open my mouth , but only about a...

Collectors (law office) Garishing Income & Income Tax Refund? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in the Atlanta, GA area and I brought a house last spring. This summer I start receiving mail and phone calls from a law office regarding a credit card that was closed over 10 years ago, but I paid some money on it after that. So, it has been over 7 years,but a few month under 10 years. ...

Self Injury [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I didn't quite know where to post this so I tried here... Anyway, I know that self injury is typical of someone who has been abused through childhood, but I seemed to be OK there for a few months... now Im taking social work in college which didn't bother me till today when we watched a video...

Arm Injury [ 1 Answers ]

Hello people I have today suddenly felt immense pain in my left arm which is ranging from the elbow joint up to my wrist. It feels bruised and is very sensitive towards finger movement and contractions within the muscle. I didn't sleep on my arm last night so that throws that out of the...

View more questions Search