Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azteechur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2006, 02:35 PM
    Wages
    I am a salaried teacher at a small charter school on a reservation. I would like to know if it is legal to deduct money from my paycheck if I am 15 minutes late, even though I might work hours beyond my scheduled work hours? Also is it legal to require salaried employees to sign in and out as well as use a time clock when the time clock does not match the regular clock? Our staff is being charged for late time but not compensated for overtime even though we are salaried employees. I know teachers fall in a different category but I don't know what is legal and where to find the information I need to support the findings. Please help if you can.
    Too Short Posts: 85, Reputation: -1

Nov 16, 2006, 07:48 PM
    If you working for a company you have to clock in by the time clock hours. And yes they can deduct money for your pay check if you are 15 minutes late.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2006, 08:28 PM
    If you clock in and out and they deduct money if you are late, they may, and I expect they are required to pay you for any time that "they" require you to work over.

I worked for a factory some years ago, all of us in our department was salary, they started making us clock in and out, well a couple people file a complaint and guess what they had to pay us several years of pay, they had to go though all the time clock records and pay us.

Now the IF, and I am not sure about, since you work on a reservation, do you fall under US government law. If this is in the US and this is a Indian reservation, they are their own government ( nation) and this could be an issue ( just don't know,)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garnishing Wages(Please help!) [ 3 Answers ]

I am from Wisconsin. I have a debt with a credit card company,(silly me, I let my ex boyfriend charge, with word they he'd pay me back), and they sued me. I went to court and excepted the judgement. The company's attorney contacted me and gave me a financial disclosure statement to fill out. I...

Garnishment of wages [ 1 Answers ]

I want to garnish wages from an real estate agent in GA. CIF wages are earned by a agent (independant contractor) through a broker, can their wages be garnished?

Garnishment of wages [ 3 Answers ]

How is a garnishment handled when 2 parties were envolved for one payment, can one person only be garnished for the payment due, what to do if they try to put it on one person:confused:

Garnishment of wages [ 1 Answers ]

In the state of Pennsylvania who can garnish wages

View more questions Search