Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TVC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 07:27 PM
    My friend has an abusive dad but doesn't know what to do about it
    My friend has a dad that treats her terrible including physically abusing her, doing drugs in front of her, tells her terrible things that no one should hear, and puts her life in danger.

I don't know the full story, but she told me a lot of it. To start she has an older sister and her mom divorced her dad about half a year ago. Now they live in different houses but still live really close to each other. She now sees her dad every other Saturday and a day before major holidays. For the story, I'm going to call my friend Mary (this isn't her real name).

Mary told me when they we're little her dad used to do drugs and he would get mad when he ran out of money for it. He would then get pissed and take it out on Mary and her sister. He would hit them leaving bruises, and once gave Mary's sister a black eye. When this happened, she told me he grounded her for the whole day for she couldn't show any one her eye. He would usually take his anger more out on Mary's sister because she would talk back at times. Mary would stay quite, but if she cried he will tell her that he would give her a reason to cry and hit her as well. I guess her mom finally said enough I'm leaving you when the dad threw a chair at her.

Ever since the divorce, Mary's mom and sister don't see the dad, but she still does. The dad is usually pissed at both the mom and sister because of that. So Mary now is the only one that sees her dad and says that she is all her dad has. Now, every time she has to go to see him, she dreads going to his house.

Today, Mary called me in her locked bathroom because she isn't allowed to text or call anyone when over at his house... and today was his and her moms anniversary.

She told me that today, that she called him to pick her up from work and he was late because he was drinking and was drunk. (He has been been drinking a ton since the divorce, in addition to his drug use). She said that he was driving in the wrong side of the road and he was laughing saying guess how many things we are going to hit? He stopped at a bar and when he got back she asked if he should drive and he told her no. He continued to drive like that, not stopping for anything and laughing about it. She said they got in so many near-accidents. When they got home he started talking about terrible stuff. He pulled her hair telling her that he is going to kill her mom and she would live with him and he would start becoming a better dad (hes been saying he wants to be a better dad for a long time). He also said that he wants to kill her sister's boyfriend (boyfriend is 20 years older) in a gruesome way but he would need an aliby and for some one to say he was at his house.

She doesn't know what to do and says she HAS to see her dad. She's afraid if she does stop seeing him or says something about it that he would do something terrible to her family. What exactly should she do? She also says that if she tells police etc.. That he would just lie and say that she's lying.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 07:34 PM

Report all of the abuse to a teacher, school couselor or pastor of her faith

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dad hates my guy friend [ 3 Answers ]

Is there anything I can do for my dad to show him my guy friend is a good guy? I've tried everything!! And he wants to beat him up STILL he hates him.

My son has a dad and now the biological dad came out of da blue and wants a dna test? [ 5 Answers ]

When I was five months pregnant my sons dad abandoned me and started denying my son, I started dating someone else who didn't care that I was pregnant he still chose to love me and be with me, he even had a few words with the loser when I was eight months pregnant and needed things for the baby...

My friend is chosing her baby dad over me. [ 2 Answers ]

I know when you have a man that you want to be with them all the time, this is my problem. Her and her baby's dad with each other for over eight years. As long as I known her I've known him. When they first had their child she was at home taking care of their child while he was gone fishing with...

Getting a friend out of verbally abusive relationship? [ 11 Answers ]

Sorry for the long post, I suck at condensing things :\ Just to start this off, I just turned 18 and the girl involved is almost 17. She's been involved with this guy a year or so, and I just started being friends with her a couple months ago. Since then we've talked a lot, and she really likes...

How can we prove abusive dad not biological? [ 10 Answers ]

I have temporary guardianship and an emergency order of protection for my 14 yr old nephew. He has been living here since May and wants to stay permanently. His mother.. my sister supports this as she is going through a divorce from his stepdad and he was having trouble at school. He is doing a...

View more questions Search